CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL 8?

UCSportsFan

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I would have to disagree with that. District 3 is really down this year, Wartburg finished second and Tellico has already beat them by 30 at Wartburg. And I usually don’t have much faith in Tellico but there better this year. NG is the best team in the east followed by Tellico and Oneida, I would have Cloudland behind those three. Cosby barely beat a bad Greenback team. 
It will come down to NG vs Cloudland/Cosby and Tellico vs Oneida for the region titles. I’ll take NG and the winner of the Tellico vs Oneida to make it to state.

Cosby has also already beaten Oneida...

Tellico does this every year. They rack up gaudy records playing teams of absolutely no consequence, then when they finally play a play with some basketball acumen, they lose. I don't see them winning at Oneida, and I certainly don't see them winning at either NG or Cloudland. 

14 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Tellico does this every year. They rack up gaudy records playing teams of absolutely no consequence, then when they finally play a play with some basketball acumen, they lose. I don't see them winning at Oneida, and I certainly don't see them winning at either NG or Cloudland. 

I agree with you they play a really weak schedule every year and it hurts them come tournament time. But it will more than likely be those 4 teams playing for region titles.

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yep Clarkrange played them three times. Clarkrange has played some tough teams in AAA. Their losses all probably helped them as a team. 

I agree pioneer. Sometimes losses help more than wins IMO. Its not always about the record. Its about playing really good teams to make yourself better win or lose. You have to play teams that give you competition. Beating teams by 30+ doesn't help anyone. Stone is a great team and coached by one of the best. I think it helps both teams to play these games and the win can go either way. Got to get ready for tournament by playing some of the best not padding a record to look good. 

4 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

I agree pioneer. Sometimes losses help more than wins IMO. Its not always about the record. Its about playing really good teams to make yourself better win or lose. You have to play teams that give you competition. Beating teams by 30+ doesn't help anyone. Stone is a great team and coached by one of the best. I think it helps both teams to play these games and the win can go either way. Got to get ready for tournament by playing some of the best not padding a record to look good. 

I have watched more basketball online this year because we were trapped at home a while, but I have watched some of Clarkrange. Monday twins are super quick especially the first step. Single A has some really great teams this year This time of year is a great time. 

The twins are quick and never seem to get tired. They understand it takes a team to win and depend on Howard, Pierce, and Bush to help get them where they want to go. Several very good teams this year that can take home that gold ball. Bad mistake would be to underestimate anyone at this point. Good luck to all. Praying the players stay healthy and safe

25 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

The twins are quick and never seem to get tired. They understand it takes a team to win and depend on Howard, Pierce, and Bush to help get them where they want to go. Several very good teams this year that can take home that gold ball. Bad mistake would be to underestimate anyone at this point. Good luck to all. Praying the players stay healthy and safe

Amen. Prayers to all and your exactly right. One game at a time. We are at the point where focus is needed on the next opponent because anyone can get you this late in the game on a given night. Good luck to you guys!! 

On 2/27/2021 at 10:56 AM, crazzyness said:

We seem to forget that in COVID times many games were played at less than full strength.... meaning games in November are irrelevant.

Example... Oneida played at Cosby down 2 starters, including the Dist 3A player of the year

Wartburg hosted TP minus 3 starters due to Covid and tracing

Its just so hard to base any predictions on earlier games

Anyone of 6 teams can represent ETN in the state tourney

NGreene is clearly a favorite but after that... it is wide open

On 2/27/2021 at 10:56 AM, crazzyness said:

I agree with you now. I watched Tellico tonight on Facebook live. And I amazed that there 24-0