Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

On 3/12/2021 at 3:11 PM, Khall555 said:

I feel that Cumberland has the better basketball coaches now but this is a hire the school needs to get right. McWilliams has a heck of a girls team returning (they ran with Macon for a half) and the boys have a lot of young pieces coming up. I don’t have a dog in the fight but do know parents of Stone football players that have their kids in both schools. 

No they are not. You are making my point for me though. So let me get this straight you believe McWilliams, a first year head coach is better than Buck? 

That alone tells me you are just a homer, and also part of our culture problem. You think we are better than everyone, then cry and complain, and make excuses when we lose. 

6 hours ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

No they are not. You are making my point for me though. So let me get this straight you believe McWilliams, a first year head coach is better than Buck? 

That alone tells me you are just a homer, and also part of our culture problem. You think we are better than everyone, then cry and complain, and make excuses when we lose. 

FYI you may want to check my posting history in the girls section before calling me a Jet “homer”. I laughed when Cumberland had district championship shirts made. Believe me it’s painful to acknowledge McWilliams can coach. 
I was surprised at how much Cumberland improved and they played very good vs Livingston and Macon. 

Buck is better than McWilliams but it is not a massive gap. I have seen Miller out coach Buck at times and his new district will certainly make it more difficult to advance than a 5 team district (ditto Cumberland). The AAA district that Stone was in was mediocre. Ditto the AA district before. 

Overall both schools have very good coaches and the gap is year to year  talent 

5 hours ago, Khall555 said:

FYI you may want to check my posting history in the girls section before calling me a Jet “homer”. I laughed when Cumberland had district championship shirts made. Believe me it’s painful to acknowledge McWilliams can coach. 
I was surprised at how much Cumberland improved and they played very good vs Livingston and Macon. 

Buck is better than McWilliams but it is not a massive gap. I have seen Miller out coach Buck at times and his new district will certainly make it more difficult to advance than a 5 team district (ditto Cumberland). The AAA district that Stone was in was mediocre. Ditto the AA district before. 

You’re calling a district with white, cookeville,stone, and rhea a mediocre district???  Dude, you need to watch some girls basketball.  Stone had Blackman beat in sectionals (and turned it over 3 straight possessions in the 4th up 7 to lose (by the way, they won the AAA state). 

On 3/15/2021 at 2:30 PM, Khall555 said:

I don't need to see your post history you defining how little you know in here alone. 

The gap is not that big between a first year coach and a coach with two rings and multiple state runs with both girls and boys? 

On 3/15/2021 at 2:30 PM, Khall555 said:

Buck is a very good coach. He won a State as head coach in A, won a State as an assistant in AAA, taken another boys AA school to the final 4 in State and recently led a girls team to State in AAA. Buck was and still a good coach over 25 years worth consistently winning. He even got out of coaching a few years and then took AAA girls team to State after he started back.

17 hours ago, CASC95 said:

Buck is a very good coach. He won a State as head coach in A, won a State as an assistant in AAA, taken another boys AA school to the final 4 in State and recently led a girls team to State in AAA. Buck was and still a good coach over 25 years worth consistently winning. He even got out of coaching a few years and then took AAA girls team to State after he started back.

I NEVER said McWilliams was better than Buck or that Buck was a bad coach BTW. I said it was close and that I think the overall coaching at Cumberland is better in Basketball but this is a big hire to prove that they can maintain it. 

Edited by Khall555