Region 3AAA Tournament

6 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Cleveland 

White Co

Warren Co

East Hamilton 

maybe question is which will be the best game (i.e., which road team most likely to give the best game or win?). I don’t know enough about 6A, but I don’t see Cleveland or East Ham losing at home. 

I think WV has a decent shot to win on the road, I don’t think they will but I think they can. EH is undefeated at home and Cleveland only has 1 home loss. Cookeville did beat Cleveland earlier in the season, so who knows.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:27 AM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

I think WV has a decent shot to win on the road, I don’t think they will but I think they can. EH is undefeated at home and Cleveland only has 1 home loss. Cookeville did beat Cleveland earlier in the season, so who knows.

Cookeville has really improved as the season has progressed.  But they are soooooo young with 3-4 Freshmen on the court at all times.  Heck I think the team is 75% freshmen (seriously!).    They are going to be a great team in the years to come but that’s a tough win in this situation.  Can they pull off an upset?  Sure, they have already beaten the top teams in 6AAA and 5AAA.  But Cleveland has to be a big favorite at home.  Hopefully we can keep it close early and make some plays at the end to pull off the upset.  

18 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Cookeville has really improved as the season has progressed.  But they are soooooo young with 3-4 Freshmen on the court at all times.  Heck I think the team is 75% freshmen (seriously!).    They are going to be a great team in the years to come but that’s a tough win in this situation.  Can they pull off an upset?  Sure, they have already beaten the top teams in 6AAA and 5AAA.  But Cleveland has to be a big favorite at home.  Hopefully we can keep it close early and make some plays at the end to pull off the upset.  

Wow. Impressive that Cookeville guys are so young. Cleveland has 3 senior starters (2 really good ones) that started on last year’s #1 ranked team, but I think the next 5 or 6 in the rotation are sophomores. 

On 2/24/2021 at 8:55 AM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

This tournament should be fun with some very good matchups. 

Cookeville vs Cleveland

Walker Valley vs White Co.

McMinn Co vs Warren Co

Stone Memorial vs East Hamilton 

any predictions?

In December i thought we(White County) could've made a run in the region, but I'm not so sure now after losing one of our best players(senior Cade Clark) to a torn ACL a couple of weeks ago. That puts more pressure on the best player in the District Grant Slatten. 

3 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Wow. Impressive that Cookeville guys are so young. Cleveland has 3 senior starters (2 really good ones) that started on last year’s #1 ranked team, but I think the next 5 or 6 in the rotation are sophomores. 

Cleveland plays about 5 sophomores on most nights. Also had a sophomore starter miss the district tournament and I’m not sure when or if he will be back. I’m sure both teams are better than the earlier season matchup. Should be a good game.  Cookeville has some impressive wins and I feel are better than the typical 4 seed.

The first time Cleveland played Cookeville, They had few starters out. Coach Reggie and I are good friends. He told me they hadn’t had their full starting 5 fully together until the 12th game of the season because of Covid and Injuries. On top of having to do a mandatory quarantine where they didn’t play for a month. Since everyone has returned I believe they have won 8 out of the last 10.  Could Cookeville win? Yes but I don’t see it this time around. I think Cleveland wins big at home.

Edited by fooseball95

51 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

The first time Cleveland played Cookeville, They had few starters out. Coach Reggie and I are good friends. He told me they hadn’t had their full starting 5 fully together until the 12th game of the season because of Covid and Injuries. On top of having to do a mandatory quarantine where they didn’t play for a month. Since everyone has returned I believe they have won 8 out of the last 10.  Could Cookeville win? Yes but I don’t see it this time around. I think Cleveland wins big at home.

17-4 since a 1-3 start.

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan