Girls West Region Early Bird Rankings 21-22 Season

cougars130

Now that state is over its time to look to next season. so here are my top 4 for next season. If everybody stays at the same weight as this season

Girls West Region 

2020-2021 season

Top 4

103-

-1. Ella-Lina Gonzales (Clarksville) 

-2. Rylee Lent (Independence)

-3. Vivian Manscal  (John Overton)

-4. Rebecca Humenik  (Bartlett)

112-

-1. Betsy Nations (Collierville)

-2. Grace Elliott (Siegel)

-3. Amanda Thomason (Cheatham)

-4. Caitlyn Miller (Rossview)

119-

-1. Roseanna Vaughn (NorthWest)

-2. Annalynn Rakett (Clarksville Academy)

-3. Jessica Williamson (NorthEast)

-4. Melanie Val (SAS)

125-

-1. Katelynn Hernadez (NorthWest)

-2. Kristen Allsup (Dickson Co)

-3. Madelin Allen (Clarksville) 

-4. Kylie Reeves (PJP)

132-

-1. Erica Moore (Brentwood) 

-2. Olivia Hogan (Tullahoma)

-3. Morgan Sacharczyk (Riverdale)

-4. Emily Rice (INDY)

140-

-1. Bryce White ( Cane Ridge)

-2. Brooklyn Long (Indy)

-3. Brett Spink (Northwest)

-4. Madisen Bryant (Clarksville-Academy)

150-

-1. Maggie Graham (Bartlett)

-2. Genesis Gilmore (Montgomery Central)

-3. Gabby Wilkinson (Rossview)

-4. Lilli Cobb (Clarksville) 

160-

-1. Alyssa Adamo (Rossview)

-2. Crysalyn O`Connor of Montgomery (Central)

-3.Haley Shannon (Clarksville-Academy)

-4. Destiny Trotter (East Nash)

170-

-1. Lilly Chantler (NorthWest)

-2. Isabel Petty (Tullahoma) 

-3. Clarire Matthews (Clarksville)

-4. Ryann Richardson of Rossview

190-

-1. Chukwuedom Odeigah (Collierville) 

-2. Ariyanna Anderson (CreekWood) 

-3. Cearyona O`Connor (Montgomery Central)

-4. OPEN

215-

-1. Justina Nikolao (Rossview)

-2.Valerie Smith (Mcgavock)  

-3. Emma Tucker of Collierville

-4. shayra Calderon of Northwest (Girls)

2 hours ago, HCWCCoachV said:

Cleveland will officially have a girls team next year. What region will they be in?

most likely they will be in the east region but they are planning to separate the girls 2 regions into smaller regions next year i believe ill find that link and post it here 

2 hours ago, HCWCCoachV said:

Cleveland will officially have a girls team next year. What region will they be in?

id say cleveland having piper fowler coming up next year they would have a girls team even if its just her alone they bring home a state champion.

but here is the link for the new 4 regions.

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2021&sportid=20&type=high&fbclid=IwAR0TdQskqeAbNqzBruZmw1iYfuD4JNr0wrQrR46Tmx1jpajgUa1eLDf-AlY

6 hours ago, cougars130 said:

id say cleveland having piper fowler coming up next year they would have a girls team even if its just her alone they bring home a state champion.

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2021&sportid=20&type=high&fbclid=IwAR0TdQskqeAbNqzBruZmw1iYfuD4JNr0wrQrR46Tmx1jpajgUa1eLDf-AlY

The plan is to have a full girls roster. Piper is a stud and will definitely do big things in the very near future but the overall goal is to create a girls dynasty like the boys team has. 

7 minutes ago, HCWCCoachV said:

The plan is to have a full girls roster. Piper is a stud and will definitely do big things in the very near future but the overall goal is to create a girls dynasty like the boys team has. 

i guess im just asking why such a long wait to join the girls program? its a good thing to have more girls in the sport but why such a delay in having a team before now? will they have their own program or share the same areas as the boys and have the same coaches as the boys program?

• 5 months later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, cougars130 said:

I see this list of Region 1 teams needs to be updated.

3 hours ago, cougars130 said:

What makes you say the list needs to be updated? These are programs who provide girls wrestling. Per TSSAA 

There were teams that weren't listed in there. I didn't see Cleveland and I know they're in it now, we just got added I see. 

Edited by JSamson7

6 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

There were teams that weren't listed in there. I didn't see Cleveland and I know they're in it now, we just got added I see. 

oh so you are a Cleveland supporter no wonder you don't really care about girls wrestling and the weight classes because Cleveland just added a girls wrestling program how many years after the girls state tournament started. if people know girls wrestling we all know the one person it was started for. 

1 hour ago, cougars130 said:

oh so you are a Cleveland supporter no wonder you don't really care about girls wrestling and the weight classes because Cleveland just added a girls wrestling program how many years after the girls state tournament started. if people know girls wrestling we all know the one person it was started for. 

Give it a rest... I'm by no means a Cleveland guy. No disrespect to the Cleveland program as I've known Coach Phillips since my UTC days but if I had a preferred Bradley County school it would be Bradley Central. There's plenty of coaches on here who know who I am and who I coach for but that's not really all that important.

That said, I guarantee that there aren't many coaches whining that much about the weight classes. If you are, maybe you should coach another sport. Furthermore, just because Cleveland and other programs are just now starting doesn't mean the rest of the ones who have been competing can claim a monopoly on girls wrestling in Tennessee. Personally, I'm happy they're in it as well as any other school who wants to join. 

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Give it a rest... I'm by no means a Cleveland guy. No disrespect to the Cleveland program as I've known Coach Phillips since my UTC days but if I had a preferred Bradley County school it would be Bradley Central. There's plenty of coaches on here who know who I am and who I coach for but that's not really all that important.

That said, I guarantee that there aren't many coaches whining that much about the weight classes. If you are, maybe you should coach another sport. Furthermore, just because Cleveland and other programs are just now starting doesn't mean the rest of the ones who have been competing can claim a monopoly on girls wrestling in Tennessee. Personally, I'm happy they're in it as well as any other school who wants to join. 

the only reason i say it is an issue is because id like to see the girls program grow. instead of shrink and ill also say this i as well enjoy programs who are  joining the sport. ill also say this that the hard truth is girls on the team are usually put on the back burner because they share the same coach as the boys. Coach or fan does not really matter. hints why i take the time to create a rankings list throughout the season because the deserve the same publicity as the boys programs. the only reason why the previous east region does not get ranked is because they don't use track to post tournament results. The perception you gave when you included yourself in the Cleveland organization. I'm glad you are known in the wrestling community maybe you would like to take over doing the rankings as well. I should find a new sport since i disagree with the new weight classes. thats funny... have a great night sir.