Top teams in the Treasure Coast?

CoachTFL

I'd go with Vero and Treasure Coast at the top for sure. Westwood and Central have new coaches. Central has some nice young talent. Westwood has some talent back as well, but like Central needs to be able to keep them from other schools. Martin County is looking to build off a nice 7-3 season. Jensen Beach won a playoff game for what might have been the first time last year and IIRC, lost 12 seniors. South Fork, Centennial, Port St Lucie and Sebastian River had tough seasons. John Carroll lost some really good players, but are always a gritty bunch and have Wilky DeNaud back to anchor the DL.  Based on what little I know at this point before spring practice, I'd rank them...

1 - Vero Beach

2 - Treasure Coast

3 - Martin Co

4 - Westwood

5 - Central

6 - Jensen Beach

7 - Centennial

8 - Port St Lucie

9 - Okeechobee

10 - Sebastian River

11 - South Fork

We have lived here (Fort Pierce) for 2 1/2 years now and get out to as many games as possible every week on Thursday and Friday. The one thing that has struck me, aside from the level of athleticism from individual players, is the lack of community support for most of these schools. In East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia where we are originally from, high school football is a big event and they turn out really good crowds. Here on the Treasure Coast, Vero Beach is the only school we've found that brings that. We've been to Sebastian River a couple of times and they will turn out a nice crowd, but it seems like it's for their band and after halftime it's like a bomb threat has been called in. Most of the other schools it appears to be mostly family and a smattering of students type of crowd. 

Good stuff! Agree about the commitment, would love to see the teams get more support especially from students! Where would you have John Carroll? I see them left off your list

I'm real interested to see what happens with Westwood. Does everyone stay? Central will also be a sleeper.

Edited by CoachTFL

I left them out by mistake. I'd put them in at #7 and push the rest down one spot. Due to Covid-19 restrictions we only got to see them play once (at Central) last year. The Rams lost a ton off their offense with QB Jay Allen, leading receiver Braden Calise and the heart and soul of the offensive and defensive lines, Dom Kopelakis (one of my favorite players on the Treasure Coast) graduating, as well as some others. They do return sophomore RB Tony Colebrook who led them in rushing and a really nice looking WR and big target in 6'4 Prince Strachan, who was the 2nd leading receiver. As a junior Wilky DeNaud should anchor their DL and IMO is a kid who will eventually play at the FBS level. I've seen him three times, twice as a freshman and once as a sophomore and he's never failed to impress.