MOW and best match

Hamblin

Both of these kids dominated their brackets. It’s not like Tre barley won any of his matches. Cody didn’t either. I understand Cody is the best wrestler in any class at this tourney, and he showed it. Some coaches thought Tre was more dominate (which we can argue points scored, points scored against, pins, techs, etc.) but the main point is both of these kids are state champs with bright futures ahead of them. Congrats to all and congrats Tre for winning MOW in AAA. They both showed they were head above heels their competition and showed out at states. 

1 hour ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Both of these kids dominated their brackets. It’s not like Tre barley won any of his matches. Cody didn’t either. I understand Cody is the best wrestler in any class at this tourney, and he showed it. Some coaches thought Tre was more dominate (which we can argue points scored, points scored against, pins, techs, etc.) but the main point is both of these kids are state champs with bright futures ahead of them. Congrats to all and congrats Tre for winning MOW in AAA. They both showed they were head above heels their competition and showed out at states. 

Let’s be real. Tre is a great wrestler and he did very well and won another state title. However his weight was at best average if not below. Was kind of surprised about that but the only other 2 prior medalist were low returning placers and really not all that impressive. Heck Cody wrestled first round a better kid compared to anyone in 160 besides Tre. Of course I also don’t think MOW has ever really went to the actual best wrestler at the tourney, it’s been a political and beauty pageant between coaches which sucks for the kids but most that haven’t won it that should have done very well after high school wrestling so I’m sure their feelings weren’t hurt. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Let’s be real. Tre is a great wrestler and he did very well and won another state title. However his weight was at best average if not below. Was kind of surprised about that but the only other 2 prior medalist were low returning placers and really not all that impressive. Heck Cody wrestled first round a better kid compared to anyone in 160 besides Tre. Of course I also don’t think MOW has ever really went to the actual best wrestler at the tourney, it’s been a political and beauty pageant between coaches which sucks for the kids but most that haven’t won it that should have done very well after high school wrestling so I’m sure their feelings weren’t hurt. 

I demand a revote!! Let’s go to tres house take it from him go give it to Cody ! Only idiots welcome 

Edited by Greenhorn

12 hours ago, durdon said:

That is the hard thing about OW. If you go by points then the heavy’s always have an advantage since they pin more but then if you try to reward the kids inside the bell curve (126-152) who always have the toughest brackets then it becomes a subjective beauty contest.  

Man people get their feelings hurt so easily on CoachT...comical

Chittum is best wrestler in Tennessee.  His finals match was less than stellar.  His injury timeouts may have cost him OW

Whitworth certainly a worthy recipient.  Total domination and an incredible career.

Taylor won the toughest bracket and was a 4-timer.  He didn’t look especially dominant in his wins.

Petersen was as dominant as you could ask someone to be.  He made it look too easy which may have hurt his chances.  It was not as easy as he made it look.  In fact, would love to know record for least amount of time on mat.

Petersen was my pick for OW

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Here are the 59 AAA, other than Cleveland, teams at the event.  Please highlight all the programs below that are out to "get" Cody, Cleveland, or the Chattanooga area in general.  In this way we can all share in your outrage and be "mind boggled" that Tre won.

Wilson Central
Bradley Central
Dobyns Bennett
Summit
Blackman
Beech     
Jefferson
Arlington     
Knoxville Halls
Houston
Cookeville
Rossview
Walker Valley
Anderson Co.     
Collierville     
Maryville     
Oakland
Page     
Bearden     
Green Hill     
Heritage
Lebanon     
Munford     
Clarksville
Franklin     
Bartlett     
Independence
Siegel     
McMinn Co.
David Crockett     
Mt. Juliet
Cocke Co.     
Tullahoma     
East Hamilton     
Science Hill     
Brentwood     
Warren Co.     
Volunteer     
Centennial     
Coffee County     
Morristown-Hamblen West     
Hardin Valley Academy     
Hendersonville
John Overton     
Seymour     
South Doyle     
Stewarts Creek     
Farragut     
West     
Clinton     
Karns     
Morristown-Hamblen East
Powell
Ravenwood     
Rhea Co.     
Sevier Co.     
Shelbyville Central     
Spring Hill     
Stone Memorial 

Edited by oceansize42
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Here are the 59 AAA, other than Cleveland, teams at the event.  Please highlight all the programs below that are out to "get" Cody, Cleveland, or the Chattanooga area in general.  In this way we can all share in your outrage and be "mind boggled" that Tre won.

Wilson Central
Bradley Central
Dobyns Bennett
Summit
Blackman
Beech     
Jefferson
Arlington     
Knoxville Halls
Houston
Cookeville
Rossview
Walker Valley
Anderson Co.     
Collierville     
Maryville     
Oakland
Page     
Bearden     
Green Hill     
Heritage
Lebanon     
Munford     
Clarksville
Franklin     
Bartlett     
Independence
Siegel     
McMinn Co.
David Crockett     
Mt. Juliet
Cocke Co.     
Tullahoma     
East Hamilton     
Science Hill     
Brentwood     
Warren Co.     
Volunteer     
Centennial     
Coffee County     
Morristown-Hamblen West     
Hardin Valley Academy     
Hendersonville
John Overton     
Seymour     
South Doyle     
Stewarts Creek     
Farragut     
West     
Clinton     
Karns     
Morristown-Hamblen East
Powell
Ravenwood     
Rhea Co.     
Sevier Co.     
Shelbyville Central     
Spring Hill     
Stone Memorial 

Your right we will stay away from the popularity contests and keep winning the championships

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Your right we will stay away from the popularity contests and keep winning the championships

Call out all the programs that are out to get you then.   A couple of you are saying Tre didn't earn it enough.  Who is this mysterious "they" who cost Cleveland?   What percentage of the coaches across the state are out to "get" the wrestlers of Cleveland?  1%? 5%? 10%? 50%? Is it everyone? Highlight them above.  Let us know.  Lay down the facts.

Edited by oceansize42

19 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Call out all the programs that are out to get you then.   A couple of you are saying Tre didn't earn it enough.  Who is this mysterious "they" who cost Cleveland?   What percentage of the coaches across the state are out to "get" the wrestlers of Cleveland?  1%? 5%? 10%? 50%? Is it everyone? Highlight them above.  Let us know.  Lay down the facts.

I’ll let u stick to the analytics. Congrats to Tre on EARNING the award :flower:

Edited by fooseball95
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

It’s like we had on another post the metro teams vote for metro and such at their own tournaments and the same goes with going against Region 4 wrestlers in years past. I’m not a Cleveland fan or a Bradley fan at all, matter as fact I hated them growing up as I wrestled for Soddy, but there’s been bias against Region 4 wrestlers winning this award for 25 years. Sorry you aren’t smart enough to see or know it but that’s a you problem. Tre had an easy tournament because his class was easy plain and simple. 160 was an easy weight class but I guess it doesn’t matter to people and so “MOW” goes to the one who pinned their way through in the quickest time, no matter if the weight class was a breeze to get through. Again it doesn’t matter in the end we will see who has the better career and high school achievements end up meaning very little! Congrats to Tre and good job on his 2nd state title!