MOW and best match

Hamblin

3 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

It’s like we had on another post the metro teams vote for metro and such at their own tournaments and the same goes with going against Region 4 wrestlers in years past. I’m not a Cleveland fan or a Bradley fan at all, matter as fact I hated them growing up as I wrestled for Soddy, but there’s been bias against Region 4 wrestlers winning this award for 25 years. Sorry you aren’t smart enough to see or know it but that’s a you problem. Tre had an easy tournament because his class was easy plain and simple. 160 was an easy weight class but I guess it doesn’t matter to people and so “MOW” goes to the one who pinned their way through in the quickest time, no matter if the weight class was a breeze to get through. Again it doesn’t matter in the end we will see who has the better career and high school achievements end up meaning very little! Congrats to Tre and good job on his 2nd state title!

Here in lies the problem.  You think a majority, or a least a good sized minority, is actively seeking to ruin a young wrestlers career and deprive them of notoriety.  Simply because you and a few others are convinced of this nonsense doesn't make it true.  People think the earth is flat, Elvis and Tupac live,  and that 5g causes COVID.  Your incorrect assumptions have not been my experience.  I'm personally amazed at the wrestling abilities of the Cleveland team as a whole.  An incredible amount of hard work has been done by those young men.  I and the vast majority of people wish them the most success possible because that level lifts the entire state.   Cleveland proved beyond all doubt they had the best dual team in AAA.   

tl;dr

You are confusing a small minority, who have always existed, with the majority.  Most coaches, in my experience, are good and decent people who want the cream to rise.   Most fans want the cream to rise.  

Just now, DAKEKO said:

Just a question...

Are we still thinking Baylor beats Cleveland in a dual this year? I would love to hear some opinions on possible matchups and dual outcomes. :hungry::popcorneater:

Make it a TRI meet......add in Camden County, GA.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

It’s like we had on another post the metro teams vote for metro and such at their own tournaments and the same goes with going against Region 4 wrestlers in years past. I’m not a Cleveland fan or a Bradley fan at all, matter as fact I hated them growing up as I wrestled for Soddy, but there’s been bias against Region 4 wrestlers winning this award for 25 years. Sorry you aren’t smart enough to see or know it but that’s a you problem. Tre had an easy tournament because his class was easy plain and simple. 160 was an easy weight class but I guess it doesn’t matter to people and so “MOW” goes to the one who pinned their way through in the quickest time, no matter if the weight class was a breeze to get through. Again it doesn’t matter in the end we will see who has the better career and high school achievements end up meaning very little! Congrats to Tre and good job on his 2nd state title!

All factual and I'm not a Region 4 guy.

28 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

All factual and I'm not a Region 4 guy.

You or the other guy produce a list of MOW winners from the last 25 years and a break down on how it was impossible for the wrestler who won it to even be in consideration, or any other kid outside region 4 to be in consideration, and that a legitimate argument doesn't exist for said wrestler winning MOW.   Not just one or two outliers but an identifiable trend that clearly illustrates, beyond personal feelings, the many many instances of bias against region 4. 

When somebody produces that list and arguments therein we will declare it "factual".   The problem, of course, is there are typically many wrestlers who are deserving.  Ergo every year there exists a set of coaches who more than likely feel "cheated".

49 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

You or the other guy produce a list of MOW winners from the last 25 years and a break down on how it was impossible for the wrestler who won it to even be in consideration, or any other kid outside region 4 to be in consideration, and that a legitimate argument doesn't exist for said wrestler winning MOW.   Not just one or two outliers but an identifiable trend that clearly illustrates, beyond personal feelings, the many many instances of bias against region 4. 

When somebody produces that list and arguments therein we will declare it "factual".   The problem, of course, is there are typically many wrestlers who are deserving.  Ergo every year there exists a set of coaches who more than likely feel "cheated".

Do we know who placed 2nd in the MOW?

59 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Do we know who placed 2nd in the MOW?

I don't know that information.  For me I think the choice would be Bradford at 132 for navigating shark infested waters.  Third place probably a tie between Chittum and Trae McDaniel.  Fifth would have been Jackson Hurst.

3 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

I don't know that information.  For me I think the choice would be Bradford at 132 for navigating shark infested waters.  Third place probably a tie between Chittum and Trae McDaniel.  Fifth would have been Jackson Hurst.

You gotta think Trey Bates and Hunter Borders would probably be in the mix too each picking up their third in tough brackets.

Edited by WrestlingGod

21 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

And that’s the point I’m trying to make. I can see why each coach voted for any of those wrestlers. I don’t think this is a dig at a certain wrestler or team, but who impressed

Agreed.

Hanlon's Razor: "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".   

In this particular case I would change it to "Don't assume a wide spread conspiracy exists when the choices are not clear cut and several good options exist".

• Like 1