MOW and best match

Hamblin

7 hours ago, GoTNwrestling said:

And that’s the point I’m trying to make. I can see why each coach voted for any of those wrestlers. I don’t think this is a dig at a certain wrestler or team, but who impressed

BINGO. someone finally said it..the key word here is IMPRESSED. Coaches vote on who went out and IMPRESSED them the most. Cody Chittum is a star, nobody is denying that..but the fact of the matter is Cody is EXPECTED to win. There’s nothing impressive about him “having a perfect score” because the playing field wasn’t fair. because it was EXPECTED of him. he was supposed to do that...the kid leaves tennessee to get better competition, comes back for ONE year and steals a state title (i’m using the word steal because the second he enrolled at cleveland he robbed any other 145 of any chance at winning a ship) and you wanna also give him MOW over kids who work their tails off to not only win a state title but represent tennessee? yes Tre’s performance was absolutely more impressive than cody’s. Heck, i could argue that any of the 13 other state champs’ performances were more impressive. because they weren’t a guarantee win. they had to go through their brackets, some like murderers row (132, 152 to name a few) to win their title. everyone and their mom knew cody was gonna win, knew he was gonna pin his way through, and knew he’d get a perfect score. we all knew that...because he’s in another dimension. was he the best wrestler there, abso-freakin-lutely.  but the most outstanding tournament, the most impressive...no way. no freakin way. he did what he was supposed to do. there’s nothing impressive about the #1 kid in the country coming back for a year and winning a state title in the state of tennessee. I personally would’ve gone with Bradford. Coming through a gauntlet at 132 after what happened at state duals...that’s 100x more impressive and “Outstanding” than what Cody did. It’s not even close. Does Cody deserve to be called the best wrestler in TN, no doubt. but not the most impressive at the state tournament. not the most “outstanding”. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

BINGO. someone finally said it..the key word here is IMPRESSED. Coaches vote on who went out and IMPRESSED them the most. Cody Chittum is a star, nobody is denying that..but the fact of the matter is Cody is EXPECTED to win. There’s nothing impressive about him “having a perfect score” because the playing field wasn’t fair. because it was EXPECTED of him. he was supposed to do that...the kid leaves tennessee to get better competition, comes back for ONE year and steals a state title (i’m using the word steak because the second he enrolled at cleveland he robbed any other 145 of any chance at winning a ship) and you wanna also give him MOW over kids who work their tails off to not only win a state title but represent tennessee? yes Tre’s performance was absolutely more impressive to an cody’s. Heck, i could argue that all 13 other state champs’ performances were more impressive. because they weren’t a guarantee win. they had to go through their brackets, some like murderers row (132, 152 to name a few) to win their title. everyone and their mom knew cody was gonna win, knew he was gonna pin his way through, and knew he’d get a perfect score. we all knew that...because he’s in another dimension. was he the best wrestler there, abso-freakin-lutely.  but the most outstanding tournament, the most impressive...no way. no freakin way. he did what he was supposed to do. there’s nothing impressive about the #1 kid in the country coming back for a year and winning a state title in the state of tennessee. I personally would’ve gone with Bradford. Coming through a gauntlet at 132 after what happened at state duals...that’s 100x more impressive and “Outstanding” than what Cody did. It’s not even close. Does Cody deserve to be called the best wrestler in TN, no doubt. but not to e most impressive at the state tournament. not the most “outstanding”

PERFECTLY said. I dont have hand clapping emojis to insert after your amazingly intuitive comment. But if I did they'd be here.....:thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was an amazing year! We had wrestlers get multiple titles this year. We had...

Hunter Borders Wilson got his 3rd

Trey Bates Beech got his 3rd

Trae Mcdaniel Cleveland got his 3rd

Trey Morrisette  dobbyns got his 2nd

Mason Smith Beech got his 2nd

Ashton Davis Cleveland got his 2nd

I am sure there were a few more multiple winner. 

Trae Mcdaniel Cleveland in my opinion should have won OW.  My wrestler Trey Bates beat Mcdaniel as a freshman at state finals... To my knowledge Mcdaniel has not lost a match to Tn. kid since then, including beating Bates in their jr. seasons. 

Please don’t get on here and say i don’t think Morrisette should have got it. He is deserving yes, he is a Great wrestler and even better person. Any of the wrestlers on the list could have won it and no complaints... 

The 106 match should definitely been best match. Also, a shout out to Fowler for winning against someone who has beat them previously. 

Thoughts.. i always say the kid who loses first match and comes all the way back to get third is a tough dude. Think about that, He/she has extra matches and catches a semi finalist to advance... that is a tough spot to be in.

Tennessee wrestling is getting better, however, we still need to get out of state and see some national events. Lord knows there are plenty of opportunities for a wrestler. If you watch closely, you will see the names listed above and the medalist from Tn. wrestling and competing in national events.  If you want to compete at the state tournament, you got challenge yourself outside the state. 

Freestyle and greco is coming! 

Shoot there are even folk style events to keep you sharp and improving. 

Mat time, Quality mat time is the answer!!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

It was an amazing year! We had wrestlers get multiple titles this year. We had...

Trae Mcdaniel Cleveland in my opinion should have won OW.  My wrestler Trey Bates beat Mcdaniel as a freshman at state finals... To my knowledge Mcdaniel has not lost a match to Tn. kid since then, including beating Bates in their jr. seasons. 

Please don’t get on here and say i don’t think Morrisette should have got it. He is deserving yes, he is a Great wrestler and even better person. Any of the wrestlers on the list could have won it and no complaints... 

The 106 match should definitely been best match. Also, a shout out to Fowler for winning against someone who has beat them previously. 

Thoughts.. i always say the kid who loses first match and comes all the way back to get third is a tough dude. Think about that, He/she has extra matches and catches a semi finalist to advance... that is a tough spot to be in.

Tennessee wrestling is getting better, however, we still need to get out of state and see some national events. Lord knows there are plenty of opportunities for a wrestler. If you watch closely, you will see the names listed above and the medalist from Tn. wrestling and competing in national events.  If you want to compete at the state tournament, you got challenge yourself outside the state. 

Insert additional hand clapping emojis here.....

Class act Coach Roberts!

On 3/1/2021 at 11:24 PM, werazzlin said:

Jackson Bradford also won his 2nd 

On 3/1/2021 at 10:04 PM, Bump11 said:

BINGO. someone finally said it..the key word here is IMPRESSED. Coaches vote on who went out and IMPRESSED them the most. Cody Chittum is a star, nobody is denying that..but the fact of the matter is Cody is EXPECTED to win. There’s nothing impressive about him “having a perfect score” because the playing field wasn’t fair. because it was EXPECTED of him. he was supposed to do that...the kid leaves tennessee to get better competition, comes back for ONE year and steals a state title (i’m using the word steal because the second he enrolled at cleveland he robbed any other 145 of any chance at winning a ship) and you wanna also give him MOW over kids who work their tails off to not only win a state title but represent tennessee? yes Tre’s performance was absolutely more impressive than cody’s. Heck, i could argue that any of the 13 other state champs’ performances were more impressive. because they weren’t a guarantee win. they had to go through their brackets, some like murderers row (132, 152 to name a few) to win their title. everyone and their mom knew cody was gonna win, knew he was gonna pin his way through, and knew he’d get a perfect score. we all knew that...because he’s in another dimension. was he the best wrestler there, abso-freakin-lutely.  but the most outstanding tournament, the most impressive...no way. no freakin way. he did what he was supposed to do. there’s nothing impressive about the #1 kid in the country coming back for a year and winning a state title in the state of tennessee. I personally would’ve gone with Bradford. Coming through a gauntlet at 132 after what happened at state duals...that’s 100x more impressive and “Outstanding” than what Cody did. It’s not even close. Does Cody deserve to be called the best wrestler in TN, no doubt. but not the most impressive at the state tournament. not the most “outstanding”. 

Cody winning on a jacked up knee isn't impressive to you? Most kids would have went to the hospital with the injury he had, none of them would have won a state title though.... Except Cody.

Edited by JSamson7