MOW and best match

Hamblin

1 hour ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Bracket strength * results

This is where I still have issue with Cody not getting the OW.  If you take Cody out of the Tournament, I think we would all agree that 45 was the 2nd toughest weight class behind 32.  Braxton ended up not placing in this bracket so that shows you how tough this weight was. If you add in Cody, then 45 was the toughest overall weight class at state. 

Cody was the only state champ that had to defeat 3 returning medalist to win his title.  Again, he was the only State champ in the tournament to beat 3 returning medalist.  And, he was the only person to pin his way through the tournament.  

I can see the argument that Bradford should have gotten it.  He did have to beat two returning state medalist in the 2nd toughest weight.  But, Bradford had two close decisions. 

Tre I still don’t see. Tre didn’t beat a single returning state medalist and he didn’t pin his way through his bracket at a weight that objectively wouldn’t even be considered one of the top 8 toughest weights this year.  

I still fail to see how what Cody accomplished wasn’t the most impressive performance at the tournament.  He PINNED everyone, he was the only Champ to beat 3 returning state medalist, and he did it in the toughest weight class at state this year.  

His only negative was that he is so much better than everyone else at his weight he made it look to easy which ended up taking away from how impressive what he accomplished was.  

Edited by durdon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, durdon said:

This is where I still have issue with Cody not getting the OW.  If you take Cody out of the Tournament, I think we would all agree that 45 was the 2nd toughest weight class behind 32.  Braxton ended up not placing in this bracket so that shows you how tough this weight was. If you add in Cody, then 45 was the toughest overall weight class at state. 

Cody was the only state champ that had to defeat 3 returning medalist to win his title.  Again, he was the only State champ in the tournament to beat 3 returning medalist.  And, he was the only person to pin his way through the tournament.  

I can see the argument that Bradford should have gotten it.  He did have to beat two returning state medalist in the 2nd toughest weight.  But, Bradford had two close decisions. 

Tre I still don’t see. Tre didn’t beat a single returning state medalist and he didn’t pin his way through his bracket at a weight that objectively wouldn’t even be considered one of the top 8 toughest weights this year.  

I still fail to see how what Cody accomplished wasn’t the most impressive performance at the tournament.  He PINNED everyone, he was the only Champ to beat 3 returning state medalist, and he did it in the toughest weight class at state this year.  

His only negative was that he is so much better than everyone else at his weight he made it look to easy which ended up taking away from how impressive what he accomplished was.  

Not Completely accurate . Now I do preface this by saying I don't think his anything to do with the MOW outcome nor should it have but Little Bradford did beat 3 returning medalist thus rendering your statement about that  inaccurate. Yes it is splitting hairs but.... 

Mercante, Gobel and Ellison are the three for what its worth .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, durdon said:

Tre spent 6 less minutes on the mat so his wins were more dominant.  Quick pins are better than less quick pins. It isn't Tre's fault that Cockman, fourth at 145 last year, was defeated early and thereby depriving him of the opportunity to beat a prior medalist.   Willett, a returning medalist, unfortunately was injured prior to the tournament.  Cody and Tre wrestled twin brothers in the finals with obviously similar abilities and Tre looked better by pinning Logan in 1 minute and 8 seconds (over two minutes faster than Cody pinned Landon).   Tre was simply more impressive in his victories than Cody was and my guess would be this is why he won.  There is something to blowing your opponents out of the water quickly and Tre did a better job of that in many people's eyes.   Having re-watched the matches Tre made it look easier, significantly so, than Cody did.  I don't think their opponents skill difference was enough to justify six extra minutes of mat time.  

Additionally 152 was a bees nest with many, many good kids. Hurst,  Laxton, Ables, Brenot, Clemmons, etc.  Fisak dropped to 45 even with Chittum there.  If 160 was as easy as you claim why didn't any of them go to 160?  The reason was Tre Morrisette.  

Edited by oceansize42

Given that the coaches get to vote, by definition it is subjective and each person’s criteria may vary. If you want to take variability out of it, it should be something like most pins in least time by a state champ and coaches don’t vote. I’m sure there is a valid reason why coaches get to vote though and it’s not just most pins in least time. 

1 hour ago, dbradford said:

Not Completely accurate . Now I do preface this by saying I don't think his anything to do with the MOW outcome nor should it have but Little Bradford did beat 3 returning medalist thus rendering your statement about that  inaccurate. Yes it is splitting hairs but.... 

Mercante, Gobel and Ellison are the three for what its worth .

My mistake.  I checked before I posted but I missed the Gobel match.  Good job by Bradford. 

2 hours ago, durdon said:

Hard to put Braxton too high on pedestal I like the dude but science hill has not been good for him ! Sorry but they not improving when they get to the hill ! Facts

3 hours ago, durdon said:

Plus looked like he was wrestling on an injured knee.  I can see a good argument now for him getting it.:thumb:

1 hour ago, oceansize42 said:

Tre spent 6 less minutes on the mat so his wins were more dominant.  Quick pins are better than less quick pins. It isn't Tre's fault that Cockman, fourth at 145 last year, was defeated early and thereby depriving him of the opportunity to beat a prior medalist.   Willett, a returning medalist, missed weight.  Cody and Tre wrestled twin brothers in the finals with obviously similar abilities and Tre looked better by pinning Logan in 1 minute and 8 seconds (over two minutes faster than Cody pinned Landon).   Tre was simply more impressive in his victories than Cody was and my guess would be this is why he won.  There is something to blowing your opponents out of the water quickly and Tre did a better job of that in many people's eyes.   Having re-watched the matches Tre made it look easier, significantly so, than Cody did.  I don't think their opponents skill difference was enough to justify six extra minutes of mat time.  

Additionally 152 was a bees nest with many, many good kids. Hurst,  Laxton, Ables, Brenot, Clemmons, etc.  Fisak dropped to 45 even with Chittum there.  If 160 was as easy as you claim why didn't any of them go to 160?  The reason was Tre Morrisette.  

This Fowler is not a twin.  

Willett did not miss weight. He blew out part of his lung the day b4 state and couldn't keep his oxygen levels up. 

Please get your facts straight. 

And Cody would probably pin Tre in the 160 final, even with the bad knee. Might tech pin him. :roflol:

Edited by DAKEKO