Region 7 3A 2021

Allthetalk

11 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Thanks!  From looking at the 1A thread, it sounds like your Falcons are going to be tough. 

LC should be solid. Schedule is tough. Treat us nice when we visit Brownsville. Hopefully LC can make a decent showing when we play you guys. That will be a very tall task for LC but I think it will help LC come playoff time. Good luck to the Tomcats.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

LC should be solid. Schedule is tough. Treat us nice when we visit Brownsville. Hopefully LC can make a decent showing when we play you guys. That will be a very tall task for LC but I think it will help LC come playoff time. Good luck to the Tomcats.

Thanks!  From the posts I've read I know LC should be solid.   It should be  a good close game when the Falcons come to B'ville on Oct. 7.  Good luck to the Falcons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 5:12 AM, stacmot said:

If you have an online subscription to the Jackson Sun, you can read their preseason review of Region 7-3A in this morning's paper.

https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/08/10/jackson-area-high-school-football-covington-best-3-a-west-tennessee-team/8022580002/

I see that they picked Covington to win the region.  That remains to be seen. Can Coach Kirby fix the pass defense that looked very poor in last week's scrimmage against Huntingdon?  If that remains a problem, can the other teams in 7-3A throw the ball well enough to take advantage? 

BTW -If you don't currently subscribe to the Jackson Sun, I was able to get a 6-month online subscription for $1.00. I went for that just to read their stuff during football season.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Here's what the Commercial Appeal thinks will happen in the Region

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/08/11/memphis-high-school-football-region-predictions-tssaa-mhsaa/5519725001/

Class 3A

Region 7-3A: Covington, Ripley, Millington, Dyersburg, Bolton, Bolivar Central

I don't believe that Dyersburg will slip all the way to fourth in 7-3A. Sometimes these writers tend to pander to their reading audience. Putting Millington ahead of Dyersburg is probably more of a "home town advantage" vote because Millington has a lot more CA readers than Dyersburg. However, Millington is coached by Chris Michael, a former Memphis Tiger. I hope for his sake that he has Millington on an uptrend in football. 

5 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I see that they picked Covington to win the region.  That remains to be seen. Can Coach Kirby fix the pass defense that looked very poor in last week's scrimmage against Huntingdon?  If that remains a problem, can the other teams in 7-3A throw the ball well enough to take advantage? 

BTW -If you don't currently subscribe to the Jackson Sun, I was able to get a 6-month online subscription for $1.00. I went for that just to read their stuff during football season.

My friend, be careful with that. If you will read the fine print of what you signed up for they are going to start charging you their normal monthly fee at the end of the 6 months. Make sure you watch that carefully. I know, because I have already been had. 

8 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Here's what the Commercial Appeal thinks will happen in the Region

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/08/11/memphis-high-school-football-region-predictions-tssaa-mhsaa/5519725001/

Class 3A

Region 7-3A: Covington, Ripley, Millington, Dyersburg, Bolton, Bolivar Central

I don't believe that Dyersburg will slip all the way to fourth in 7-3A. Sometimes these writers tend to pander to their reading audience. Putting Millington ahead of Dyersburg is probably more of a "home town advantage" vote because Millington has a lot more CA readers than Dyersburg. However, Millington is coached by Chris Michael, a former Memphis Tiger. I hope for his sake that he has Millington on an uptrend in football. 

Millington gave Dyersburg all they had during the first round of playoffs. Still lost the game by 15-20 I believe. However, Millington had about 20 freshman on that team, and the majority of them played that game. If they took advantage of the off-season and got in the weight room, I do expect them to have a good season. 

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

My friend, be careful with that. If you will read the fine print of what you signed up for they are going to start charging you their normal monthly fee at the end of the 6 months. Make sure you watch that carefully. I know, because I have already been had. 

Yeah, I did this last year, then called ‘em in Dec. and cancelled before they upped the price. Thanks for the reminder.

I see that Max-Preps has their preseason rankings out. What I found interesting is that Region 7-3A has 4 of the region’s 6 teams ranked in the top 20 in the 3A classification for Tennessee.

#2 Covington

#3 Dyersburg

#11 Ripley

#18 Millington

If these predictions are accurate, we should see some very competitive football in this new region. Covington and Bolivar are the only two “leftovers” from last year’s region. Dyersburg, Ripley, Millington and Bolton have all moved into 7-3A just this year. 

As they say “Let the games begin”.

On 8/11/2021 at 4:28 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Millington gave Dyersburg all they had during the first round of playoffs. Still lost the game by 15-20 I believe. However, Millington had about 20 freshman on that team, and the majority of them played that game. If they took advantage of the off-season and got in the weight room, I do expect them to have a good season. 

In 2020? Trojans led at half by three TDs and won 57-27