Summertown /Loretto 3

Jaychapman

I will take Summertown by 4. Your 6 man off the bench who is really good being out and Loretto getting hot right now makes this one a huge dogfight. Loretto’s Gold Ball chances have went up, IMO. Let’s be real. Hard to judge how good teams are until they play different areas. McKenzie was a good team and that was a solid win by Loretto last night. Never know. 

Edited by pioneer42

22 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I will take Summertown by 4. Your 6 man off the bench who is really good being out and Loretto getting hot right now makes this one a huge dogfight. Loretto’s Gold Ball chances have went up, IMO. Let’s be real. Hard to judge how good teams are until they play different areas. McKenzie was a good team and that was a solid win by Loretto last night. Never know. 

Their game plan last night was perfection. You hold a team that has 8 scorers to really only 3 of them scoring, you did your job.  Great game last night. 

48 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

I kept saying Loretto got one star but others solid just had to gel as a team 

Loretto will need Kinsey Weathers and others because teams are going to key on Karly. 

25 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Their game plan last night was perfection. You hold a team that has 8 scorers to really only 3 of them scoring, you did your job.  Great game last night. 

Didn’t go to the game but looking at the score and knowing McKenzie likes to press I would bet Loretto handled the press and scored some in transition. Loretto is long and can be very difficult to score on in the half court. Loretto handling the press and shooting well got them back on defense and kept McKenzie from getting into transition and having to score in the half court which was a bad recipe for McKenzie would be my guess what happend.

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Loretto will need Kinsey Weathers and others because teams are going to key on Karly. 

Didn’t go to the game but looking at the score and knowing McKenzie likes to press I would bet Loretto handled the press and scored some in transition. Loretto is long and can be very difficult to score on in the half court. Loretto handling the press and shooting well got them back on defense and kept McKenzie from getting into transition and having to score in the half court which was a bad recipe for McKenzie would be my guess what happend.

If Kensey plays like that again, Summertown will have trouble.  Loretto threatened to break it wide open against McKenzie twice, but McKenzie forced turnovers and scored a bunch in transition when they needed to in order to stay in the game and even tie it up at one point in the 2nd half.  They played with a ton of heart.  Buttrum also had a good game.  Karly had some huge track down blocks early that I believe set the tone and flustered McKenzie.  Summertown is a beast this year, and Loretto will need multiple role players to step up to have a chance to beat them.  If we play like we did last night, and shoot a little better from deep, we can beat anyone.  But, Summertown can just play their game and beat anyone in the state on any given night.  

I know one thing for sure.  It will be an electric atmosphere and all girls on both sides will play with class and give 110%.  Such a great rivalry!

I expect this game to be closer than the previous two matchups.  Loretto seems to be playing better basketball at the right time of year and having the best player on the court always helps.  This game matters tremendously to both teams, but in the grand scheme, I'm not sure it makes much difference.  I think both end up in Murfreesboro next week.  I don't see either one losing to Houston Co or Jo Byrns in the substate game

14 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

If Kensey plays like that again, Summertown will have trouble.  Loretto threatened to break it wide open against McKenzie twice, but McKenzie forced turnovers and scored a bunch in transition when they needed to in order to stay in the game and even tie it up at one point in the 2nd half.  They played with a ton of heart.  Buttrum also had a good game.  Karly had some huge track down blocks early that I believe set the tone and flustered McKenzie.  Summertown is a beast this year, and Loretto will need multiple role players to step up to have a chance to beat them.  If we play like we did last night, and shoot a little better from deep, we can beat anyone.  But, Summertown can just play their game and beat anyone in the state on any given night.  

I know one thing for sure.  It will be an electric atmosphere and all girls on both sides will play with class and give 110%.  Such a great rivalry!

Both teams are Gold Ball good no doubt. If Kensey Westhers gets going it could push Loretto over the top You got four teams that are favorites to win the Gold  Ball. If three of them are on the upper side of the bracket, then the one on the bottom side will have an advantage, IMO.

4 minutes ago, maddams said:

I expect this game to be closer than the previous two matchups.  Loretto seems to be playing better basketball at the right time of year and having the best player on the court always helps.  This game matters tremendously to both teams, but in the grand scheme, I'm not sure it makes much difference.  I think both end up in Murfreesboro next week.  I don't see either one losing to Houston Co or Jo Byrns in the substate game

I 110% agree. Both teams will be in Murfreesboro, IMO and be tough outs. Possibly the two toughest outs. Never know. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Accurate. 

McKenzie was the real deal.  Loretto is playing some of their best ball right now.  We hope the injury to Kensey Weathers knee is not too bad.  McKenzie took alot out of our team and know we have to turn around and play a top notch Summertown at their house.  It'll be a tough turn around, but I'm sure our Loretto team will give it their best shot.  I do think we are gelling as a team and getting more production from our role players on offense and defense.  It should be a good one.  There could be another get together at the Boro.

• Upvote 1