Summertown /Loretto 3

Jaychapman

On 3/2/2021 at 11:55 AM, VOLnWTN said:

Their game plan last night was perfection. You hold a team that has 8 scorers to really only 3 of them scoring, you did your job.  Great game last night. 

On 3/2/2021 at 11:30 AM, pioneer42 said:

I will take Summertown by 4. Your 6 man off the bench who is really good being out and Loretto getting hot right now makes this one a huge dogfight. Loretto’s Gold Ball chances have went up, IMO. Let’s be real. Hard to judge how good teams are until they play different areas. McKenzie was a good team and that was a solid win by Loretto last night. Never know. 

You right again / plane leaving for Vegas shortly 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Sounds like Loretto 

Anyone can watch the video.  Don't be ignorant on here. 

Offensive possession, we pass to our post, your defender hustles to attempt a steal and clobbers our post who's awaiting the pass.  Foul was called on our post.  Blatant clean block on Campbell was called a foul..  Several body checks and reach in's were allowed to slide.  Summertown is a Great defensive team, Great!  But in Murfreesboro,  you would've had 15+ fouls in the second half alone tonight.  Im a big Summertown fan when they aren't playing Loretto.  I applauded y'alls performance after game 2, and said nothing about the officiating because there was nothing to say.  Again, I applaud Summertown on their handles, brilliant efficiency from the line, well coached pressure, as well as many other things, but anyone with eyes could see the refs were missing a lot of calls tonight.

Edited by mas1821

14 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Offensive posession, we pass to our post, your defender hustles to attempt a steal and clobbers our post who's awaiting the pass.  Foul was called on our post.  Blatant clean block on Campbell was called a foul..  Several body checks and reach in's were allowed to slide.  Summertown is a Great defensive team, Great!  But in Murfreesboro,  you would've had 15+ fouls in the second half alone tonight.  Im a big Summertown fan when they aren't playing Loretto.  I applauded y'alls performance after game 2, and said nothing about the officiating because there was nothing to say.  Again, I applaud Summertown on their handles, brilliant efficiency from the line, well coached pressure, as well as many other things, but anyone with eyes could see the refs were missing a lot of calls tonight.

Ignorant is correct 

21 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Offensive possession, we pass to our post, your defender hustles to attempt a steal and clobbers our post who's awaiting the pass.  Foul was called on our post.  Blatant clean block on Campbell was called a foul..  Several body checks and reach in's were allowed to slide.  Summertown is a Great defensive team, Great!  But in Murfreesboro,  you would've had 15+ fouls in the second half alone tonight.  Im a big Summertown fan when they aren't playing Loretto.  I applauded y'alls performance after game 2, and said nothing about the officiating because there was nothing to say.  Again, I applaud Summertown on their handles, brilliant efficiency from the line, well coached pressure, as well as many other things, but anyone with eyes could see the refs were missing a lot of calls tonight.

The team fouls were 10-10 with :56 left in the game....Both sides can say more fouls could have been called. What hurts Loretto in my opinion is they don’t have great ball handlers against pressure, obviously besides Karly. When Karly goes out of the game or doesn’t have the ball in her hands, they really struggle to get into a good offensive flow. 

2 minutes ago, cbballfan said:

The team fouls were 10-10 with :56 left in the game....Both sides can say more fouls could have been called. What hurts Loretto in my opinion is they don’t have great ball handlers against pressure, obviously besides Karly. When Karly goes out of the game or doesn’t have the ball in her hands, they really struggle to get into a good offensive flow. 

I agree 100% with your "what hurts loretto" sentiment.

I didn't say fouls were lopsided.  I said several calls were missed, some both ways. Summertown plays a high pressure style defense in full and half court.  Loretto does not..  Any team that plays that style, and doesn't get constant clean turnovers, is going to end with more fouls.  Nature of the beast.  

Good Game Lady Eagles.

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

Murfreesboro a foul is a foul. It is wide open. You guys are playing great ball right now. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Hate to hear that. Y’all are still good but man I hate that. 

Her mom said everything major was ok..  get MRI tomorrow along with follow up with Dr. for more info.. Today was her birthday, hopefully tomorrow will be great news and a happy late bday present!

With her, I think they win it all.  Without her, they still might, but she's the xfactor imo.  Her shot is almost always on.

2 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Her mom said everything major was ok..  get MRI tomorrow along with follow up with Dr. for more info.. Today was her birthday, hopefully tomorrow will be great news and a happy late bday present!

With her, I think they win it all.  Without her, they still might, but she's the xfactor imo.  Her shot is almost always on.

It wouldn’t surprise me. I hope and pray every body is at full strength. Summertown had a blow last year too. 

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me. I hope and pray every body is at full strength. Summertown had a blow last year too. 

She’s a PURE shooter not a streak shooter / you don’t see that much in single A / put her up against anyone from long range not just 3 point arc but 5-7 ‘ beyond