South Side vs Westview (7-AA region title)

dmm88

27 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

What are some keys to this heavyweight bout???? Predictions??? And also key matchups.

Can Westview knock down the 3, stop the drive against South Side, handle the pressure, and slow down the pace of the game?

Can South Side take care of the ball without many turnovers, hit free throws, cause Westview to turn the ball over with their pressure, and contest the 3 against Westview?

I take Westview by 6 in a battle!!

Biggest key for both teams: Dictate the tempo!

South Side will want to play fast, Westview will want to slow it down.

South Side will want to get out in transition and force live-ball turnovers so they can get on fastbreaks and take advantage of Westview's lack of speed. South Side has always been good at rebounding and getting second chance buckets, they'll need to be doing this at their highest level against Westview's size. 

Westview will want to slow South Side down offensively and turn it into a battle of half court games. They'll try to pack the paint and utilize their size to prevent drives and slow down SCJ. If they can get their defense set, they are active enough defensively they can cause some problems for South Side. On the offensive end, they'll want to get good ball movement going and use drives and screens to free up shooters. They'll need to get their posts involved and get quite a few buckets at the rim to help open up things on the perimeter. 

All that being said, I think South Side is a bad matchup for Westview. I think South Side wins by 12. Wouldn't be surprised to see Westview play it close or even lead early on; but I think South Side has too much speed and too much depth, and eventually that'll wear the Chargers out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

South Side will want to get out in transition and force live-ball turnovers so they can get on fastbreaks and take advantage of Westview's lack of speed. South Side has always been good at rebounding and getting second chance buckets, they'll need to be doing this at their highest level against Westview's size. 

Westview will want to slow South Side down offensively and turn it into a battle of half court games. They'll try to pack the paint and utilize their size to prevent drives and slow down SCJ. If they can get their defense set, they are active enough defensively they can cause some problems for South Side. On the offensive end, they'll want to get good ball movement going and use drives and screens to free up shooters. They'll need to get their posts involved and get quite a few buckets at the rim to help open up things on the perimeter. 

All that being said, I think South Side is a bad matchup for Westview. I think South Side wins by 12. Wouldn't be surprised to see Westview play it close or even lead early on; but I think South Side has too much speed and too much depth, and eventually that'll wear the Chargers out. 

I think you’re spot on! I believe the refs keeps it close with free throws! I believe South Side wins 52-43

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I think you’re spot on! I believe the refs keeps it close with free throws! I believe South Side wins 52-43

22 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

I am going with South Side in a battle. Think they win by 8. But I think either could win the Gold Ball in Murfreesboro. 

Key Matchups - What happens in the paint? Battle of the Bigs. 

Biggest Key - Officiating...The best guard in the state, 8 consecutive state tournament appearances, 13AA officials

Game Changer - South Side's shooting and guard play

Can Westview play fast for four quarters?

Can South Side control the game?

Will South Side play loose or tense?

I agree this will be a battle as well as the speed and depth will take a toll down the stretch. South Side holds on to win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Biggest Key - Officiating...The best guard in the state, 8 consecutive state tournament appearances, 13AA officials

I agree this will be a battle as well as the speed and depth will take a toll down the stretch. South Side holds on to win.

Well said... Only difference is I’m going with Westview to pull it off. 

Edited by MrOct81

10 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Officials will come from a different association