Arlington v. Dyer County Postgame

GrumpyBulldog

38 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

From my perspective which was behind the players and fans leaving the gym. One man blindsided McCord from the side, knocking him to the ground, and punched him several times while he was on the ground. There was probably 5 more people along with the one man. The man who struck him was identified at the scene has Coach Shields's son (Arlington's Head Women's Coach). Coach Shields told officers that she dropped her phone and when they found it gave it to one of her players and said make sure that he gets this and yall get out of here. I saw everything first hand. Arlington High School should be very embarrassed over this whole issue. I really hope that Arlington's principal and athletic director handle this accordingly. Some of her players were also involved in the getaway of the young man. As far as McCord, all I know is that he was taken to the hospital after the game. How does Arlington win a game, and then jump the opposing team's head coach?

So Dyer County coach got attacked??

29 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

From my perspective which was behind the players and fans leaving the gym. One man blindsided McCord from the side, knocking him to the ground, and punched him several times while he was on the ground. There was probably 5 more people along with the one man. The man who struck him was identified at the scene has Coach Shields's son (Arlington's Head Women's Coach). Coach Shields told officers that she dropped her phone and when they found it gave it to one of her players and said make sure that he gets this and yall get out of here. I saw everything first hand. Arlington High School should be very embarrassed over this whole issue. I really hope that Arlington's principal and athletic director handle this accordingly. Some of her players were also involved in the getaway of the young man. As far as McCord, all I know is that he was taken to the hospital after the game. How does Arlington win a game, and then jump the opposing team's head coach?

This is mostly consistent with what I've heard. I've heard the motive was potentially related to something McCord had said about the other coach, but not sure that has been confirmed (and still isn't justification for it happening). Regardless, it is a big problem, and one that will have ramifications beyond the basketball court. If the Coach had any knowledge about what was going to happen before it did or even directed it to happen, she should face serious disciplinary action.

Until they sort everything out and find out who knew what, it is hard to say what should/will happen. We've seen teams thrown out of tournament play for fighting. Granted, this wasn't during the game, and wasn't necessarily players doing the fighting, but if they aided or instigated those who caused they fight, you might see the TSSAA step in. A bad situation, for sure.

17 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

Arlington should be disqualified and not get to move on. Behavior of coaching staff, administration for not stopping fans from verbally accosting players while game is being played, players involved in helping the assault take place and helping coach's son get away is absolutely disgusting. Criminal charges should be filed. This unfortunately has become typical for their program. TSSAA should step in. 

Arlington should not get to go through. This is absolutely disgraceful! If I were CHRIS DUNCAN I would make an example out of her.  How he handles this situation will be key. Also saw where 4 of their players were enticing the fight and one of them drove the getaway car. Sounds like this was premeditated, and the coach knew it was going to happen. 

55 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

Arlington should be disqualified and not get to move on. Behavior of coaching staff, administration for not stopping fans from verbally accosting players while game is being played, players involved in helping the assault take place and helping coach's son get away is absolutely disgusting. Criminal charges should be filed. This unfortunately has become typical for their program. TSSAA should step in. 

How? Arlington can’t control fans just like Dyer County couldn’t control the head coach from taking the scorekeepers book and adding fouls during halftime of the prior game. 
It seems like it’s some butthurt “fans” around here. What has Coach Shields done to anyone of you? Coach her team to play ball? Y’all are super weird. What I take is this “mind the business that pays you” cause this ain’t it. What behavior has the coaches and admin staff of Arlington showed you? Examples please...

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bballmom75 said:

How? Arlington can’t control fans just like Dyer County couldn’t control the head coach from taking the scorekeepers book and adding fouls during halftime of the prior game. 
It seems like it’s some butthurt “fans” around here. What has Coach Shields done to anyone of you? Coach her team to play ball? Y’all are super weird. What I take is this “mind the business that pays you” cause this ain’t it. What behavior has the coaches and admin staff of Arlington showed you? Examples please...

I’m sure this all stemmed from what happened in Dyer Co when an Arlington assistant Coach slapped a coach from Dyer Co. and a lot of words being exchanged. So there was tension before the game even started. And I don’t think ppl would be coming down on Ashley the way they are if the fan who attacked the Coach wasn’t her son so that ties her directly to them. But we’re all on the outside looking in so I’m just curious to see what comes of the whole ordeal, The truth and the outcome.

Edited by MrOct81