Arlington v. Dyer County Postgame

GrumpyBulldog

19 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

McCord did say things to his team about their coach and that's how the information got passed down the line. That's the information coming out of Newbern, not just Arlington. No one is justifying the assault. McCord didn't deserve what happened to him, but that doesn't mean that he didn't do something that should result in punishment from the school.

I think the TSSAA should have stepped in, but they won't. They don't have the resources to investigate on their own, and neither side is going to provide them with the full truth. With this being something that happened off the court, it is going to be hard for them to pursue disciplinary action. Most of that will rest in the hands of the individual schools themselves. And we all know how that will go. 

again the information about the player and practice situation has nothing to with comments and in not correct. comments were coming from both sides. more to story than is being told. 

Edited by OrangeGuru

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

McCord did say things to his team about their coach and that's how the information got passed down the line. That's the information coming out of Newbern, not just Arlington. No one is justifying the assault. McCord didn't deserve what happened to him, but that doesn't mean that he didn't do something that should result in punishment from the school.

I think the TSSAA should have stepped in, but they won't. They don't have the resources to investigate on their own, and neither side is going to provide them with the full truth. With this being something that happened off the court, it is going to be hard for them to pursue disciplinary action. Most of that will rest in the hands of the individual schools themselves. And we all know how that will go. 

16 minutes ago, WestTNroundball said:

Commercial just posted that Arlington has been removed from the playoffs. Collierville goes straight to state. Hardin County wins their region and plays Houston. 

Do you think the state should push Dyer County through to play Collierville?

Wow! I stand corrected. Kudos to the TSSAA!

And no. They won't and shouldn't advance Dyer Co. They lost on the floor before anything happened.

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

Wow! I stand corrected. Kudos to the TSSAA!

And no. They won't and shouldn't advance Dyer Co. They lost on the floor before anything happened.

agree but the assault was premeditated and i think that carried some weight with TSSAA

Edited by OrangeGuru

6 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

I'm shocked. But a good shocked. Did not think TSSAA would take action.

I think Dyer County not going through is a good decision. Arlington disqualified and on probation is a better one.

You shouldn't be so shocked. TSSAA brings the hammer down hard on physical altercations. We were "involved" in an incident two years ago in the last regular season game... postseason immediately over without possibility of review. After the film was reviewed by TSSAA we were absolved of any and all responsibility for the incident even though some of our players participated in self defense. Although it was good to be exonerated, it took months for TSSAA to come to a conclusion and decide to appropriately (IMO) punish one school and not the other. People thought TSSAA might look the other way because the game was over... games are sanctioned events, and aren't concluded until everyone is off campus.

10 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

The info you are looking at from mr Skycrush is not correct.

9 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

If you think hitting someone blindsided is ok because of some words spoken then you need to seek help. 

Words are words. Hitting a person when they're not looking can and does have lifelong damage. 

10 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

The info you are looking at from mr Skycrush is not correct. 

Oh it’s a FACT. So don’t try to disregard it.   Everyone knows the girl got kicked out of practice for it. 

8 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

again the information about the player and practice situation has nothing to with comments and in not correct. comments were coming from both sides. more to story than is being told. 

Again your filthy mouth coach and so called christian man provoked this whole thing.  Unfortunately it caught up to him in a bad situation. 

14 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

Dont have to prove you wrong.  Video from Dyer County gym not Dyers proved you wrong weeks ago. 

9 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

you made reference to a information of a player and the practice situation. It is incorrect. Social media had same type comments coming out of Arlington. Nothing justifies an assault. Especially one which was planned. An emotoinal moment , heat of competition type thing i can see a young person not making a good decision. This was not that. Was planned, fueled by coaches and players took part. TSSAA should handle it.They wont tough. harden County should get a pass into the next round. Next time what will excuses be and with Arlington, there will be a next time always is.

Social media had nothing to do with it. The player standing up for Shields and getting kicked out of practice is a fact. That was a phone call to Shields not social media.  So how was it planned? How do you know it was planned?  It was fueled by McCord talking crap. Simple as that.  He got his butt handed to him on a silver player and got out coached.