CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

19 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Bad when there isn't enough trust with the TSSAA that people feel like they have to witness it to believe it is done fairly...

Well this has been done in front of coaches and they did this without telling coaches. Why would they do it without telling them?? I knew the bracket before our coaches. That is not right, IMO. Nobody knew it. If nothing to hide no reason not to be transparent about it. I am not mad at GC’s bracket. You have to play the game. But I can see where people think it is odd because they did something out of the norm.

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Well this has been done in front of coaches and they did this without telling coaches. Why would they do it without telling them?? I knew the bracket before our coaches. That is not right, IMO. Nobody knew it. If nothing to hide no reason not to be transparent about it. I am not mad at GC’s bracket. You have to play the game. But I can see where people think it is odd because they did something out of the norm.

Yes exactly. Its not about who is in the bracket or trying to get the easy route to finals. Its the secrecy of it all. Coaches not invited even virtually? All hush hush coaches didn't even know? That's ridiculous. We are use to lopsided brackets. Its the way it was done. If nothing to hide then why hide

12 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Yes exactly. Its not about who is in the bracket or trying to get the easy route to finals. Its the secrecy of it all. Coaches not invited even virtually? All hush hush coaches didn't even know? That's ridiculous. We are use to lopsided brackets. Its the way it was done. If nothing to hide then why hide

We had an awesome undefeated team in 2016 and the bracket bit us. Bracket means a lot, but yeah you can overcome it. I agree Clarkrange has had some tough brackets recently. Never know but I don’t understand not telling people. Very odd. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Why not do it virtually so the coaches could watch? And to do the brackets so the teams that are in the same region are seperated not even knowing if that's necessary yet because sub-state games haven't been played? I'm not the least bit surprised though that summertown, clarkrange, and Gibson ended up on the same side of the so called draw though

Seems like they can go by polls to know who wins sudstate but not to fix brackets accordingly 

14 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

If the coaches would check the TSSAA web site they would know whats going on.  All of this was posted for a while.

Info for teams making the state tournament on the TSSAA web site.  Stated that there would not be a meeting for a draw like always and that the draw had been already made just waiting to see which teams made the sectionals to post it. The only unfair thing was that it had to be made out so regional teams would not be in the same bracket. 

39 minutes ago, rebelboy121 said:

Info for teams making the state tournament on the TSSAA web site.  Stated that there would not be a meeting for a draw like always and that the draw had been already made just waiting to see which teams made the sectionals to post it. The only unfair thing was that it had to be made out so regional teams would not be in the same bracket. 

I suspect that most coaches aren’t spending much time on the TSSAA website right now with region and sectional games going on. I’m not for TSSAA doing anything behind closed doors, but at the least, they should have sent an email to coaches and ADs to make them aware or remind them what was going on. Not saying it was done unfairly, but certainly could have been handled better