CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

38 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Clay County is a good team as well but I think y’all win a little closer battle than you might have thought. I think Summertown wins bigger than you guys, but it wouldn’t surprise me to continue to see lower scoring and poorer shooting outings in his tournament. I knew Summertown was good because the way they have played y’all and I thought all along Summertown was the better team between them and Clarkrange but I honestly didn’t know how they would handle the press. The most impressive part of that game was the way their 1,2 and 3 handled pressure and defended. Jones, Campbell and Brashier put on a show. I am not so sure Clarkrange would have matched up with Loretto either. I think Loretto could have done what they did to Greenfield’s press against Clarkrange and I think Loretto’s length could have caused problems as well on the perimeter for Clarkrange. 

I agree on every front here.  Im hoping we get the chance to go 1-3 against Summertown this year.  If we do, that 1 win would be pretty sweet!  Clay County is definitely a tough opponent and NOTHING is a given in Murfreesboro!

Anyone know where I can find the T$$AA’s ‘State Tournament Rule Book’?  Looking on their site and it appears they only publish one book, but since the officiating so SOOO different between regular season and the final-8, I’m trying to find the rule changes. 

4 minutes ago, Flyer70 said:

Anyone know where I can find the T$$AA’s ‘State Tournament Rule Book’?  Looking on their site and it appears they only publish one book, but since the officiating so SOOO different between regular season and the final-8, I’m trying to find the rule changes. 

The call that is driving me crazy is where the offensive player drives in and defensive player has their hands straight up, offense makes contact and it is called a defensive foul.

21 hours ago, mas1821 said:

I agree on every front here.  Im hoping we get the chance to go 1-3 against Summertown this year.  If we do, that 1 win would be pretty sweet!  Clay County is definitely a tough opponent and NOTHING is a given in Murfreesboro!

Clay County needs to shut down Weathers to have a chance in this game. Limit her touches and make her earn every point. This will be a tall task for CC but it’s doable for sure.  Loretto is thinking they got a huge break by missing Summertown and Clarkrange and I guess they did but Clay is no joke!

Edited by UCSportsFan

48 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clay County needs to shut down Weathers to have a chance in this game. Limit her touches and make her earn every point. This will be a tall task for CC but it’s doable for sure.  Loretto is thinking they got a huge break by missing Summertown and Clarkrange and I guess they did but Clay is no joke!

Hard for me to believe Clarkrange beating Clay County the way they did and the margins. Clay really impressed me yesterday. I am picking Loretto by 6, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Clay wins the way they looked yesterday. 

Edited by pioneer42

44 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clay County will not shut down Karly, she is good for 20/25 points every game. She is too skilled, and she is great at getting her teammates good looks when she penetrates. In my opinion, everybody has one, the key to beating Loretto this year is to try to limit everyone else. If Loretto can get 2/3 other players into or close to double digits, it’s gonna beat hard to beat them.

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

How do you know what Loretto is thinking?  Loretto respects Clay County and will not overlook them one bit.  

11 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Loretto in Round 1 shot over 60% from the field (next best A team- Clay Co.- shot 38.8%). Biggest key, IMO, is limit easy open looks. I think you pick your spots to double Weathers, but you have to keep multiple people from getting going offensively. Then find every way you can to wear Weathers down. Make her work on the defensive end. Have someone in her face full court, all night. If the game is close down the stretch, you know who Loretto will try to work thru. You win the game not by how you play her in the 4th quarter, but how you played her the previous three quarters.