CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

17 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Watching N.G. the past two games, I am confused by 2 things.

1.) Why do they wait until late 3rd to early 4th period before pressing?  They have a very effective press.

2.) Why haven't I heard of Anderson?  Has she been this good all year?  If this is her norm, how was she not in the Miss Basketball discussion?  She was the best post player in the A state tourney and it wasnt very close.  Super impressed with her.

Great showing NG!  Hold your head high!

Now...    lets go, Loretto/Summertown!

And Anderson didn’t even play travel ball last Summer. She could be so good!  

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview loses some big pieces but they will be tough I agree. GC loses no one and will develop. GC’s defense will be off the chart next year. This was the first year most of the girls got to play a full season. They were stingy with points late in the year. Held teams to mid 30’s until North Green and they had 43. Their defense will be much like Summertown’s this year, IMO. 

Very true, but it seems like everyone says that about them every year. I know they have an 8th grader, who is being recruited by many major D-1 schools for her pitching ability in softball, and she's a McElhiney(?)/Sims too. Several believe that she would've gotten major minutes this year on WV's team as an eighth grader. She should free up J. Harrison and WV will be a lot faster next year. I personally wish WV would've stayed up one level, but we should have some good battles between us. I'm looking forward to our matchup and I think we're set up to do well against them. I don't know if we could've gotten past Summertown or Loretto this year, but next year we're going to be a lot better. Glad we had the opportunity to get there. Let's do it again...

55 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Very true, but it seems like everyone says that about them every year. I know they have an 8th grader, who is being recruited by many major D-1 schools for her pitching ability in softball, and she's a McElhiney(?)/Sims too. Several believe that she would've gotten major minutes this year on WV's team as an eighth grader. She should free up J. Harrison and WV will be a lot faster next year. I personally wish WV would've stayed up one level, but we should have some good battles between us. I'm looking forward to our matchup and I think we're set up to do well against them. I don't know if we could've gotten past Summertown or Loretto this year, but next year we're going to be a lot better. Glad we had the opportunity to get there. Let's do it again...

How many seniors did westview have that played?

On 3/12/2021 at 1:53 PM, mas1821 said:

Watching N.G. the past two games, I am confused by 2 things.

1.) Why do they wait until late 3rd to early 4th period before pressing?  They have a very effective press.

2.) Why haven't I heard of Anderson?  Has she been this good all year?  If this is her norm, how was she not in the Miss Basketball discussion?  She was the best post player in the A state tourney and it wasnt very close.  Super impressed with her.

Great showing NG!  Hold your head high!

Now...    lets go, Loretto/Summertown!

I believe Brooklyn Anderson played her Freshman year at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett. I saw her play a few games in 2019 for her new team, North Greene, at the holiday tournament in Greeneville. Toward the end of that season, I watched her play South Greene at home. She had 29 rebounds. 

She'll be a Senior next year. I'm not sure how much talent will remain after graduations this year. After this year's tournament, she should get ample recognition and hopefully a scholarship.

3 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I believe Brooklyn Anderson played her Freshman year at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett. I saw her play a few games in 2019 for her new team, North Greene, at the holiday tournament in Greeneville. Toward the end of that season, I watched her play South Greene at home. She had 29 rebounds. 

She'll be a Senior next year. I'm not sure how much talent will remain after graduations this year. After this year's tournament, she should get ample recognition and hopefully a scholarship.

They return all but 2 players. Should be just as good next year, going to 4 classes should help them also. 

13 minutes ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

Could we see the same 2 teams in a AA finals next year?  

Never know. 4 of the hottest programs in the state will play a state to get to a state. Westview, Gibson County, Summertown and Loretto will battle it out and 2 of them will go to state.

A good team that is ranked as having one of the best offensive outputs as a team , having one of the best records, and touted shooters all season goes to Murfreesboro, what happened during the season is nill. How they play during that week determines who become State Champions of the respective classes.

One thing I dislike is a coach talking about how  bad  ( we shot terrible)  her team played as to why they lost. (Summertown. ). To me that is a slap in the face.  When they win, the coach gets credit for the win, but when they lose, players get the blame for the loss. 

Loretta showed why they are Class A Girls State Champions. There were several outstanding teams in all classes this year. I am glad that the TSSAA allowed the season to be concluded this year. 

Congratulations to all that just made it to the State Tournament, win or lose. Can't wait till next season !

P.S. Officiating during the season was  subpar.

• Like 1