CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

27 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Hey I’m not saying your wrong and I agree wholeheartedly w what you saying but you can’t predict who you play and seems they have tendency to put 2 favorites together in 1st round  every year just that you got to play the game 

Agree... summertown/gc one year greenfield/clarkrange once... the year gc won it they got a favorable draw overall as loretto greenfield and clarkrange all were on one side... 

sometimes I wish it were based on rank 

top half:

1v8 
4v5 

Bottom half:

2v7 

3v6 

I guess based of pure record? 

10 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

Agree... summertown/gc one year greenfield/clarkrange once... the year gc won it they got a favorable draw overall as loretto greenfield and clarkrange all were on one side... 

sometimes I wish it were based on rank 

top half:

1v8 
4v5 

Bottom half:

2v7 

3v6 

I guess based of pure record? 

I always caution people about basing things on "rankings". AP Poll in TN is a joke. Most of the writers who vote don't follow anything outside of their specific area and then base their non-local votes on historical knowledge of programs or what the hype is around a team. We've seen team in football in the Top 10 during Week 5 with a losing record. Heck, a few years ago, a team cracked the top 10 in a classification they weren't in anymore. 

In an ideal world, you'd seed the teams. But, the idea is that everyone gets in by winning Sectionals (Substate) and is even for that reason. We all know that isn't the case, but it's no less fair then the set up in other TSSAA championships. 

I do like they've got teams separated by area. I don't want to see teams from the same region play each other until the title. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

I always caution people about basing things on "rankings". AP Poll in TN is a joke. Most of the writers who vote don't follow anything outside of their specific area and then base their non-local votes on historical knowledge of programs or what the hype is around a team. We've seen team in football in the Top 10 during Week 5 with a losing record. Heck, a few years ago, a team cracked the top 10 in a classification they weren't in anymore. 

In an ideal world, you'd seed the teams. But, the idea is that everyone gets in by winning Sectionals (Substate) and is even for that reason. We all know that isn't the case, but it's no less fair then the set up in other TSSAA championships. 

I do like they've got teams separated by area. I don't want to see teams from the same region play each other until the title. 

Teams from same region have never been able to play until championship 

12 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Last year the bracket was evened out pretty good. Final Four was Loretto/GC and Clarkrange/Greenfield. Never know. Just have to go play. Every game is tough at this point. No byes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Has anyone heard why no live draw? Or how and who decided the brackets? 

TSSAA said there was no live draw this year because of Covid. Have no idea of the format but I believe there was a format in place a few years back but don’t know how it was done. They didn’t pick teams. It was maybe Regions. Don’t have a clue. Coaches don’t even know. We knew before they did based on this thread.

• Like 1

Why not do it virtually so the coaches could watch? And to do the brackets so the teams that are in the same region are seperated not even knowing if that's necessary yet because sub-state games haven't been played? I'm not the least bit surprised though that summertown, clarkrange, and Gibson ended up on the same side of the so called draw though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Why not do it virtually so the coaches could watch? And to do the brackets so the teams that are in the same region are seperated not even knowing if that's necessary yet because sub-state games haven't been played? I'm not the least bit surprised though that summertown, clarkrange, and Gibson ended up on the same side of the so called draw though

Not a good look doing this behind closed doors. Protocol ought to have been coaches should have seen it I agree. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Bad when there isn't enough trust with the TSSAA that people feel like they have to witness it to believe it is done fairly...

This is a great point. Unfortunately it’s absolutely true. TSSAA has made so many questionable decisions that most people don’t trust them to do anything other than collect money. 

• Like 1