CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

1 hour ago, westtn12 said:

If it was really a “blind” draw.... 

Peabody/MAHS was drawn first, automatically putting GC on the other side top side.

Then drew Huntland/Clay County second, which should have automatically put clarkrange/Fayetteville on the other side top side with GC. Correct? 

It wasn’t blind IMO

Don’t know. They have a weird formula. Might have moved them on the top of the second column. 

16 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I called that. They were tough last year. Congratulations to Peabody!!

I made the trip down, they were quick and had a solid inside player that could block shots and crash the boards. Been 16 years since the lady tide has been to the Boro, community is proud no matter what happens next week. Congrats to the Lady Pioneers as well!

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

I made the trip down, they were quick and had a solid inside player that could block shots and crash the boards. Been 16 years since the lady tide has been to the Boro, community is proud no matter what happens next week. Congrats to the Lady Pioneers as well!

We went down there last year scouting MAHS and MBA. They were tough last year and lost no one. I knew what was going to happen. We played MBA the last two years down there and played lights out and only won 12 or 14 points. Congrats to Peabody!! That was a big win!! MAHS can play. I didn’t want GC to have to go down there and play them. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

We went down there last year scouting MAHS and MBA. They were tough last year and lost no one. I knew what was going to happen. We played MBA the last two years down there and played lights out and only won 12 or 14 points. Congrats to Peabody!! That was a big win!! MAHS can play. I didn’t want GC to have to go down there and play them. 

They were a solid squad, up tempo game throughout. I didn’t really know much about them going in this game, but it didn’t take long to realize what they had. We made good adjustments at the half, they didn’t handle the pressure good in spots. They had an answer for everything we did. Good luck to the Pioneers. Two schools right  down the road from each other representing at the glass house. Both teams have had fine success and have made Gibson County proud 

Edited by Goldenpride

6 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

They were a solid squad, up tempo game throughout. I didn’t really know much about them going in this game, but it didn’t take long to realize what they had. We made good adjustments at the half, they didn’t handle the pressure good in spots. They had an answer for everything we did. Good luck to the Pioneers. Two schools right  down the road from each other representing at the glass house. Both teams have had fine success and have made Gibson County proud 

That is right!! We will see how it unfolds in the Boro. It is a true blessing to get there. This is the third year in a row we made it and these games make you old for sure before you get there. It is tough tough to get out of West TN. Peabody ought to be battle tested. Three OT games in a row. You guys are on a great run. Congratulations!! Keep battling!!

18 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t know much bout Claykrange other than they solid / enlighten me 

Brilliant Coach.

They have twin guards that are lightning quick and extremely efficient. 

As a team, they handle the ball well, shoot well, and bring a lot of pressure. 

This is the same team that beat the Huntingdon team (that ousted Summertown last year) by 40+ at state.

Y'all are much better this year.  If you can limit turnovers and force some of your own, as you have been doing, I think you pull it off.  I feel this is a very evenly matched game.  One of you are 1a, the other is 1b.  We'll find out the true alpha soon.  Will be a great game!

Edited by mas1821

17 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t know much bout Claykrange other than they solid / enlighten me 

If I am trying to beat Clarkrange first and foremost take care of the ball. Twins are super quick and will be at the other end hitting a lay up before you know what happend. Huntingdon might have had 30-40 TO’s against them possibly last year. They had 10-12 in half of the first quarter and was still within 3-4 points. Twins are so quick they will beat you on your first step. They like to drive and kick to open threes. If I was making a game plan to stop them I would guard the three ball and make them beat me in the paint and would not leave three point shooters at all. Got to have a great ball handling night because they full court press you and get after you. Don’t give them transition buckets and make them beat you in the half court. Easier said than done though. Great team and program. Summertown is a great team and program as well. Will be a tough game. Both teams are really good. 

15 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If I am trying to beat Clarkrange first and foremost take care of the ball. Twins are super quick and will be at the other end hitting a lay up before you know what happend. Huntingdon might have had 30-40 TO’s against them possibly last year. They had 10-12 in half of the first quarter and was still within 3-4 points. Twins are so quick they will beat you on your first step. They like to drive and kick to open threes. If I was making a game plan to stop them I would guard the three ball and make them beat me in the paint and would not leave three point shooters at all. Got to have a great ball handling night because they full court press you and get after you. Don’t give them transition buckets and make them beat you in the half court. Easier said than done though. Great team and program. Summertown is a great team and program as well. Will be a tough game. Both teams are really good. 

I've watched this Weathers girl from loretto.  She's freakin awesome.  I'm afraid for my lady landers.