CLASS A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

22 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I've watched this Weathers girl from loretto.  She's freakin awesome.  I'm afraid for my lady landers. 

Just have to put your best defensive player on her and follow her around. She is a great player no doubt. Cloudland with a big win last night. Battle hard and see what happens. 

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Just have to put your best defensive player on her and follow her around. She is a great player no doubt. Cloudland with a big win last night. Battle hard and see what happens. 

We're very quick but also very small.  I think we can do well offensively against them but i'm concerned about defending her.  She has sick skills. 

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

Brilliant Coach.

They have twin guards that are lightning quick and extremely efficient. 

As a team, they handle the ball well, shoot well, and bring a lot of pressure. 

This is the same team that beat the Huntingdon team (that ousted Summertown last year) by 40+ at state.

Y'all are much better this year.  If you can limit turnovers and force some of your own, as you have been doing, I think you pull it off.  I feel this is a very evenly matched game.  One of you are 1a, the other is 1b.  We'll find out the true alpha soon.  Will be a great game!

I guess the other teams shouldn’t show up then. You’ve already determine champion and runner up. A lot of people are overlooking some really really good teams in the single A bracket. That’s okay... everyone loves an underdog. Other side of the bracket isn’t going to rollover and give it to you. I can assure you that. 

Just now, westtn12 said:

I guess the other teams shouldn’t show up then. You’ve already determine champion and runner up. A lot of people are overlooking some really really good teams in the single A bracket. That’s okay... everyone loves an underdog. Other side of the bracket isn’t going to rollover and give it to you. I can assure you that. 

Never said that.  I've seen most teams play multiple times.  I actually believe Gibson Co has a great shot at knocking either out in the semifinal if Summertown/ Clarkrange have a war.  The best team doesn't always win.  That's why the games are played.

39 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Never said that.  I've seen most teams play multiple times.  I actually believe Gibson Co has a great shot at knocking either out in the semifinal if Summertown/ Clarkrange have a war.  The best team doesn't always win.  That's why the games are played.

Never know. Clarkrange and Summertown both have really tough routes to win it all. Both teams could win it no doubt but it won’t be easy. Loretta is the favorite on the top side but Peabody, Clay County and Cloudland will have a say about it. Gibson County has young talent and they have suprised me with the way they have handled pressure so far and they have got players that have been on the floor up there and have won a Gold Ball so they will play hard win or lose and I am proud of the blessing of getting there. I have said all along Summertown and Clarkrange are the favorites, but the draw definitely opens the doors for Gibson County and definitely Loretto with no disrespect to North Green because they are tough as well.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, westtn12 said:

I'm from cloudland and I've been watching footage of all these teams.  I guess clarkrange really stands out because they play so fast and can score from inside and out.  I have speedy twins in the 7th grade and I guess my heart flutters a little bit when I see how well those twins from clarkrange play.  Cloudland is quick but good lord clarkrange is extremely athletic.  I'd just love to see us give Loretto a tough game.  We're giving up a lot of length so I hope we can come up with a defense that can limit the Weathers girl.

1 minute ago, rebelman101 said:

I wonder how the Peabody/ Clay County matchup will go. Know a lot  about Peabody but not much about Clay County.... 

No idea about Clay County. No they are always scrappy and have knocked off Clarkrange a couple of times in the past three years.

11 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

No idea about Clay County. No they are always scrappy and have knocked off Clarkrange a couple of times in the past three years.

Gotcha. Know they have a great boys program too as Bethel's best player this past year graduated from there. How is yalls first round matchup looking?

8 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Gotcha. Know they have a great boys program too as Bethel's best player this past year graduated from there. How is yalls first round matchup looking?

North Green. None of them are easy up there. They are here because they beat a lot of teams. No room for error anywhere.