Is it possible for Overton to return to power ?

bleacher

IF you think the privates are who you have to recruit against you are naive. Those 4 publics have taken it to a whole different level. No longer having an AD in Metro who cares has created the problem. Didn't happen like this in the Brunette days. Sanders is only worried about keeping that office and check while these guys are recruiting kids from all over town. Hermitage kids to Cane RIdge. Hillsboro kids from Antioch. East kids from Old Hickory. Pearl from South Nashville. There are no "zones" anymore. Overton "zone" means nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

IF you think the privates are who you have to recruit against you are naive. Those 4 publics have taken it to a whole different level. No longer having an AD in Metro who cares has created the problem. Didn't happen like this in the Brunette days. Sanders is only worried about keeping that office and check while these guys are recruiting kids from all over town. Hermitage kids to Cane RIdge. Hillsboro kids from Antioch. East kids from Old Hickory. Pearl from South Nashville. There are no "zones" anymore. Overton "zone" means nothing.

I knew I liked you. Somebody speaking the truth. Sad that this is happening, coaches that feel they have to do this and nothing being done.  

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The entire “open zone” occurrence unleashed all of the hounds who smelled blood. The Glencliff, Antioch, and Whites Creek zone have a lot of kids going to those 4 “power” schools. 

You still have to keep YOUR kids that are at your feeder schools. Bottom line. However you do that is up to you and your staff. The more you win, the more likely it is. 

Edited by DLopez
  • Upvote 1

I remember the days when Overton week was one of the most physical weeks of football on our schedule. We would try to find the hardest hitting kids and put them in I-formation and run of tackle over and over and over again trying to match the physicality that a Terry Anderson offense would bring.  J. Stewart did a great job when he was OC keeping that physicality in his multiple offensive system too under Williams

25 minutes ago, DLopez said:

The entire “open zone” occurrence unleashed all of the hounds who smelled blood. The Glencliff, Antioch, and Whites Creek zone have a lot of kids going to those 4 “power” schools. 

You still have to keep YOUR kids that are at your feeder schools. Bottom line. However you do that is up to you and your staff. The more you win, the more likely it is. 

Whites Creek had a total enrollment of 497 this year. That is the problem there. Republic Charter school has a higher enrollment. They should co-op and have one team.

Any Antioch zoned kid that plays football is at Cane RIdge.

At Glencliff football means soccer

3 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Whites Creek had a total enrollment of 497 this year. That is the problem there. Republic Charter school has a higher enrollment. They should co-op and have one team.

Agreed on all. It’s really difficult for the “have nots” to compete with the “haves” in metro. 

Coach Woods at CR has done a great job of building a fence around Antioch and keeping most of Antioch there. 

Any coach who steps in walks into a situation where they can get to 6A playoffs in a hurry.  This region may be the weakest in all classes of TN football.  Antioch: 1 win over McGavock 0-9 (Forfeit win v Overton).  Overton: 1-6, with a win over Antioch.  Dickson 0-9 (forfeit win v McGavock), Cane Ridge 3-5(but always solid).  LaVergene and Smyrna had some success.  Someone has to win 2 games against Dickson, McGavock, Antioch and Overton and they are in.  That means at least 1 more week of practice to develop kids for the betterment of the program.  If I am DIckson, Smyrna and LaVergne, I am somewhat concerned about even playing the metro schools because they may not get to play at all because of the Pandemic.  That means forfeit wins.  We could be looking at a scenario of Dickson, Smyrna and LaVergne picking up 4 forfeit wins each.  I hope that is not the case and they all get to play.  

45 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

At the same time I have a sister who attends Antioch HS and It’s plenty of everything in that school. They kids just don’t want to play. By 7th grade most of the kids know what high school they’re attending and at the end of the day it’s still the parents choice. Me as a adult I’m not sending my boys into no messed up establishment.

Edited by FBfan26