Is it possible for Overton to return to power ?

bleacher

Bleacher I'm not sure. It's been open three times now since Anderson left. Morrison wasn't interested the first two times so I doubt he is now but I wish he was. 

I've heard several names mentioned. One current assistant on staff, one current metro head coach, and two former metro head coaches. I hope Overton gets a good one. Bleacher who would be your top three if you were hiring?

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Bleacher I'm not sure. It's been open three times now since Anderson left. Morrison wasn't interested the first two times so I doubt he is now but I wish he was. 

I've heard several names mentioned. One current assistant on staff, one current metro head coach, and two former metro head coaches. I hope Overton gets a good one. Bleacher who would be your top three if you were hiring?

1. Morrison

2. That head coach you mentioned

3. Baskin

+unless TA could be convinced to return

21 hours ago, bleacher said:

1. Morrison

2. That head coach you mentioned

3. Baskin

+unless TA could be convinced to return

The only coach mentioned by name so far that would be good is Terry Anderson. The others have had their chance and did not cut it. They are all right where they need to be.

Edited by hardtackle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jcraigp23 said:

What does their schedule look like for the next two years?  A couple of solid wins could help build the program back up. I know they have Centennial week 1.

Date   Opponent   Result
 Fri Aug. 20 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Centennial

Fri Aug. 27 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Stratford

Fri Sep. 3 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Dickson County R

Fri Sep. 10 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Maplewood

Fri Sep. 24 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Clarksville NW

Fri Oct. 1 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at McGavock R

Fri Oct. 8 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Cane Ridge R

Fri Oct. 15 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at LaVergne R

Fri Oct. 22 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Antioch R

Fri Oct. 29 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Smyrna R

I coached against coaches  Coutras, Mullican and Anderson. Throughout all those years Overton was always tough,  fundamentally sound, and hard to beat.  The last 2 coaches did not field the same quality of teams. This is why I ask what coach can restore the tradition. After moving from the sideline to the bleachers,  I would like to see Overton return to prominence.

Overton will hire a seasoned coach with experience. Last coach kind of messed things up for any young coach wanting a shot. I think Overton will go with someone already familiar with metro and what it takes to be a head coach in metro. Whomever they go with this coach will need good assistants to help. That is what Coutras, Mullican, and Anderson all had. All also had an offensive and defensive identity. 

5 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Overton will hire a seasoned coach with experience. Last coach kind of messed things up for any young coach wanting a shot. I think Overton will go with someone already familiar with metro and what it takes to be a head coach in metro. Whomever they go with this coach will need good assistants to help. That is what Coutras, Mullican, and Anderson all had. All also had an offensive and defensive identity. 

And all three had a LOT better players .  Those days are gone. Back then you only had MBA and Ryan to contend with taking your kids. Now add BA, CPA, Lipscomb, NCS, FRA, BGA, Pearl, Hillsboro, East, Cane Ridge. That ship has sailed fellas and it ain't never coming back. Not unless leadership above the school level forces it too and we all know that is not happening.