Is it possible for Overton to return to power ?

bleacher

On 3/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Sweeper is leader in the clubhouse. Sheriff 2. Other two are outside looking in as they should be.

However, leadership there has proven she is clueless when it comes to athletics so who knows. 

Leader how? What has leader and number 2 done to be ranked 1 and 2? Explain, other two as they should be, please? Also is this who you would pick or just what you have heard or guess they will do? Also your thoughts about these 4 being interviewed? With all the applicants this can not be the best 4.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, FBfan26 said:

Overton has talent. I didn’t see them last year but the year before last the had size,speed and a D1 kid “miami” on the line pancaking everything that moved which kinda left me confused. 

Right! We went to that game and was like how is Overton losing. That team was loaded with talent. So instead of complaining about open zone, get a coach that can actually coach and learn the kids talent.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Right! We went to that game and was like how is Overton losing. That team was loaded with talent. So instead of complaining about open zone, get a coach that can actually coach and learn the kids talent.

And who would that coach be? None of the 4 interviewing are that coach.

4 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Thats not 4 other schools problem, that couple of y'all keep complaining about. All I know is couple years ago I've seen a loaded Overton team, that probably won 4 games that year. 

Not a single coach head or assistant at the 4 schools could do any better at Overton right now. 

Overton will never return...lol... Just kidding.  The issue is multifaceted to say the least. The privates are harvesting the best players from all over the area. Take for example Turntine  who played at Ensworth. He was getting recruited as a 7th grader at Rockvale to come play.  RuCo doesn't have near the challenges as metro schools, primarily due to funding and opportunities. But a young man with a ton of talent getting looks and being pushed academically as well as athletically is not going to be the same in Metro as it is in privates. The teachers are going to be higher paid, the facilities are typically going to be better and it becomes an issue of have and have nots, Don't get me wrong kids from public metro schools get recruited all the time. But they have to be really special players, Look at those kids that are good to a little better than average, those kids going to Austin Peay, TennTech, William Lindsey, and a million other schools. They get picked up on a full ride to play, when a kid down the street playing his tail off with a little more hear and talent doesn't get the look because the program itself is not strong. Parents have learned to put their kids in the best possible position (when they can) to get the next level, be it education or playing ball or both. I hope to see Overton make some noise again because there is enough talent there to do so. The real thing is going to be bringing parents, players and school together to get them all to invest in the future of the program ,

• Like 1