State Tournament Tickets

westtn12

58 minutes ago, swipper said:

that is crazy lots fans from the schools participating could use the extra 250 tickets if schools cant sell the extra then sell to public.they just want to let local people in because its a local school the schools in it should have first option.i wish all schools would get together find another place too play and boycott mtsu

On 3/4/2021 at 8:21 PM, nono said:

that is crazy lots fans from the schools participating could use the extra 250 tickets if schools cant sell the extra then sell to public.they just want to let local people in because its a local school the schools in it should have first option.i wish all schools would get together find another place too play and boycott mtsu

Bunch of BS is what it is. GC would bring 1000 fans on a given game. 

• Like 1

It is a very bad deal.  I agree.  If they would have at least went by what everyone else has been doing and going with the 30-35% capacity it would be better.  Why not just have it where D2 had theirs which was allowing double the capacity in a smaller gym.  It’s easy math.  1000 tickets a session is $10,000.  $30,000 a day they are losing.    

Tssaa has lost there minds. At least allow 30% capacity at state tournament. Rutherford co is lifting mask mandate Monday the 15. It’s such a shame that tssaa cares nothing about the students. The player will play but the school students who come and support. Way to go tssaa way to hurt the students 

Edited by WTblue
  • Like 3

This garbage needs to end now! if you are afraid to get out , then stay at home. Let the rest of us live our lives like normal. The Great Reset is on the way. Unless you have your Covid card you aren't going to be able to go to sporting events. Wake up before we lose all our freedoms

• Like 1

TSSAA is a group of overpaid, outdated, and over influenced group whose major concern is where can they get lunch with the biggest discount. The worse than them, are the directors of schools, principals and athletic directors who don’t stand up for their schools and communities because they THINK the TSSAA may give them an award someday. Shame on every director who doesn’t stand up for their schools. 

On 3/4/2021 at 8:21 PM, nono said:

I'm not sure if it is because they have some sort of contract with MTSU or what, but I agree they should have cut the cord. 1,000 capacity is ridiculously low for a venue that seats over 11k. TTU did 2,000 for D-II and it seats less than 10k. If MTSU couldn't at least match, they should have moved the whole thing to Cookeville. 250 tickets doesn't go very far. 

After limiting tickets as much as they have this year, and them shutting down the tournament last year, I'd be looking to move on from the Glass House if I was the TSSAA. 

It was even more frustrating that the TSSAA sang MTSU's praises for finding a way to make it work this year, like they went above and beyond to make the tournament happen there.