NWCA Boys Head Coach and Assistant Staff of the year Announcement

BenAround

The NWCA would like to congratulate Tony DeAngelo of Lakeway Christian Academy for winning the Boys Head Coach of the year.

The Cleveland High school Coaching staff is the assistant staff of the year. Assistant Coaches for Cleveland High are John Weiss, Jacob Murphy, Landon Reed, And Wilson Benefield.

Great job to all Coaches this year. I know it was a difficult year and all coaches should be celebrated for making it through this year. If your son or daughter is a wrestler, take a moment to shoot your child's coach a quick email and thank them for all the hard work they put into making this season happen.

-Andrew Hedges

NWCA TN Chairman  

Edited by BenAround
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BenAround said:

The NWCA would like to congratulate Tony DeAngelo of Lakeway Christian Academy for winning the Boys Head Coach of the year.

The Cleveland High school Coaching staff is the assistant staff of the year. Assistant Coaches for Cleveland High are John Weiss, Jacob Murphy, Landon Reed, And Wilson Benefield.

Great job to all Coaches this year. I know it was a difficult year and all coaches should be celebrated for making it through this year. If your son or daughter is a wrestler, take a moment to shoot your child's coach a quick email and thank them for all the hard work they put into making this season happen. 

Sincerely, 

Andrew Hedges

NWCA TN Chairman  

Tony has done one heck of a job starting from ground zero and building the Lakeway Program!  

1 hour ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Ground Zero? Come on man !

Of course you gotta get it going!! I think what Scott’s saying is congratulations Tony ! And the ground zero meaning new school new program new kids not all but some !  Tony’s a strait good dude cares about kids has open door policy  for any kids that need practice ! So please don’t start bashing him when you don’t know him ! My kid will be there soon I dig the guy ! How about trading that jealousy in for some encouragement ? Guess he’s a threat to ya  Johnny LOL  

22 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Of course you gotta get it going!! I think what Scott’s saying is congratulations Tony ! And the ground zero meaning new school new program new kids not all but some !  Tony’s a strait good dude cares about kids has open door policy  for any kids that need practice ! So please don’t start bashing him when you don’t know him ! My kid will be there soon I dig the guy ! How about trading that jealousy in for some encouragement ? Guess he’s a threat to ya  Johnny LOL  

I think he is one heck of a coach, and has brought these kids along great. And well deserving of the Coach of the year award. 

My comment was solely on the "ground zero" remark. And why would he be a threat to me?  Stop reading into it any further than what I said, if you know me or anything about me, I call it like I see it and say what I mean. 

Edited by PurpleWrestler

Yes, I meant Ground zero as in starting a brand new program in the state.  Really impressive job by Tony, and I’ll second the Good dude comment. Tony is a class act and I’ve been extremely impressed by how well coached his kids are. All of his kids are getting better in his program.   Lakeway is going to become a major player in D2 starting next year. 

Tony was very deserving of this award.  

Another coach that is doing one heck of a job is Mike Sutherland at Boyd.  He had 6 really good freshman this year and he got 6 more coming in next year.  Boyd will have a full lineup next year and they will be one of the top 3 teams in D2 East.  

The landscape of the D2 is about to really change over the next few years because of these two programs.  

Also, I would also say he is always over looked because they were good before he got there but Joey Knox is doing an incredible job at Cleveland too.  They are getting stronger and better every year under Joey.  I was really impressed at the AAA tournament with just how well coached and skilled all his kids were.  There is a reason why Cleveland set the modern public school record for most state champs.  

All 3 of these guys did an incredible job this year!