2021 Marion County

Bushog02

2 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

What would you say if one of your main running backs told you that he don’t want to run the ball this year just wants to play defense.:shock:

To be honest, if he would only play one way, I would probably rather have him on defense.  This cost S.P. a gold ball in 2008 in my opinion when a player decided he was only going to play running back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportman said:

If I'm the coach and someone tells me that, I would speak to the kid and tell them this is a team sport and wherever they need him then he should man up and do what's best for the team. We had a similar situation years ago against Trousdale when we had a top notch RB and LB that refused to play LB in that game and just wanted to run the ball and it hurt us bad that night. This is just me, but no kid is going to tell me as a coach what they are or not going to do as far as where there going to play. I love those kids that have the heart and want to play every snap on both sides. To me it's just a team thing and I think the kid needs talked to and realize it's best for the team he play's both ways. Especially if he is that good. 

I believe that went a long way to cost S.P. a gold ball.

10 minutes ago, rlh said:

To be honest, if he would only play one way, I would probably rather have him on defense.  This cost S.P. a gold ball in 2008 in my opinion when a player decided he was only going to play running back.

They’re trying to get the kids to play one position cause of the depth but some will have to play both side of the ball cause of their abilities 

48 minutes ago, rlh said:

2 hours ago, sportman said:

If I'm the coach and someone tells me that, I would speak to the kid and tell them this is a team sport and wherever they need him then he should man up and do what's best for the team. We had a similar situation years ago against Trousdale when we had a top notch RB and LB that refused to play LB in that game and just wanted to run the ball and it hurt us bad that night. This is just me, but no kid is going to tell me as a coach what they are or not going to do as far as where there going to play. I love those kids that have the heart and want to play every snap on both sides. To me it's just a team thing and I think the kid needs talked to and realize it's best for the team he play's both ways. Especially if he is that good. 

Yep yep yep

On 4/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, PurplePower68 said:

Griders Stadium?

Jones' stadium would have chicken coops around it.

LRDAO....i hope that Jones man didnt give that creasy man directions to the jailhouse instead of the speedway.   Was this creasy man all that its coming mess you was a spewing? You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Still a fact though. 

Just because you repeat an inaccuracy repeatedly doesn't make it factual.   It is still just propaganda.  Furthermore, Dade County, formerly NW Georgia rarely puts together a winning record much less win their region or make it to the dance.

1 hour ago, rlh said:

Just because you repeat an inaccuracy repeatedly doesn't make it factual.   It is still just propaganda.  Furthermore, Dade County, formerly NW Georgia rarely puts together a winning record much less win their region or make it to the dance.

You guys are the only high school team I have ever seen that scheduled home school kids. Where is the inaccuracy? Maybe others have seen it but I haven't so it's still a fact.

5 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

You guys are the only high school team I have ever seen that scheduled home school kids. Where is the inaccuracy? Maybe others have seen it but I haven't so it's still a fact.

The fact that you try to imply that there were teams on there ever year when in fact is 1 game about twice due to being unable to schedule a game.  I like the time L.V. beat you all and played you off your feet the following year.  That was epic.

5 minutes ago, rlh said:

The fact that you try to imply that there were teams on there ever year when in fact is 1 game about twice due to being unable to schedule a game.  I like the time L.V. beat you all and played you off your feet the following year.  That was epic.

You scheduled 2 home school teams in consecutive seasons. Where is the innacuracy?

4 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

You scheduled 2 home school teams in consecutive seasons. Where is the innacuracy?

Your posts were implying the schedule was full of them year in and year out nor did you put in context in there.  One of the games got cancelled anyway.  Dade County is about as bad as those teams anyway.