2021 Marion County

Bushog02

5 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

That’s really what the coaches have been working on during the spring practice is the defensive side. As for quarterback Taye will be it but he more dangerous if he’s moving around in different positions on offense instead of one spot 

I'd say Abney will get a lot of snaps for them to move Taye around.

You're right they've worked a lot on defense. Secondary actually looks pretty good. Good pressure from the line and LBs will help too.

Edited by PurplePower68

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

I'd say Abney will get a lot of snaps for them to move Taye around.

You're right they've worked a lot on defense. Secondary actually looks pretty good. Good pressure from the line and LBs will help too.

It’ll be good if we can put Abney in during games when we got a big lead so he can be calm and get ready to take the helm 

8 hours ago, H2Oman said:

If they are going to make noise and I believe they will... they better tighten up their D. 

I hear a lot of their posters harping on needing a QB, but to me their D is what needed the most help.

Defense actually wasn't that bad last year, Watertown was just a matchup problem. You guys had a very good and balanced team. The turnover before the half and Watertown scoring before halftime really hurt. I agree though the defense will have to be better. Qb I really don't worry too much about. #7 will start the season out I believe but #14 should get his feet wet and handle a lot of snaps by years end. 

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Defense actually wasn't that bad last year, Watertown was just a matchup problem. You guys had a very good and balanced team. The turnover before the half and Watertown scoring before halftime really hurt. I agree though the defense will have to be better. Qb I really don't worry too much about. #7 will start the season out I believe but #14 should get his feet wet and handle a lot of snaps by years end. 

I probably didnt see your best game, but I thought your defense was better than your offense against Tyner. Game was on the line though and the whole team stepped it up. One thing I'll say about your team is they seem to show up when its needed. Beating Fayetteville and Rhea proves that. 

16 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I probably didnt see your best game, but I thought your defense was better than your offense against Tyner. Game was on the line though and the whole team stepped it up. One thing I'll say about your team is they seem to show up when its needed. Beating Fayetteville and Rhea proves that. 

Definitely that night. The qb change sparked them a little. Like Bushog says, moving #7 around helps a lot. Once he went to wing I believe he reeled a long one off for a TD. Then when they were keying on him in the 2nd half the qb pulled one and scored from about 50 out. They played down to competition a couple times last season. Got em beat once and almost another time early in the season.

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Definitely that night. The qb change sparked them a little. Like Bushog says, moving #7 around helps a lot. Once he went to wing I believe he reeled a long one off for a TD. Then when they were keying on him in the 2nd half the qb pulled one and scored from about 50 out. They played down to competition a couple times last season. Got em beat once and almost another time early in the season.

Dunlap and Silverdale 

• 5 weeks later...

I am so excited about this upcoming season. These kids had a tough go a few years ago, but Coach Pruitt has done a terrific job getting them up to speed with his plays. One of the boys said that Coach Pruitt got some of his play designs from a coach in Alabama that has won a lot of titles down on the mountain in Alabama. We also get a lot of our defenses from JP. This is going to be a great year for these kiddos. The Big Show, My main man Mason in the middle, Taye, Riley, Alex running neat plays and Jake, Boomer, and others being great leaders on our line is going to be so great this year. Our kids have strength right now that is unbelievable. Kuddos to these coaches for getting our kids so strong. I know that JP has been heavily involved helping his dad get our kiddos stronger. What a great first year we had last season with Coach Pruitt, but he will have some new plays this season too so we will have new wrinkles that most teams don't expect.  I am glad we are not playing Whitwool or Pitchburg either. We have more class than them anyway. We are Marion County! As always it's a great day to be a warrior. I hope everyone has a blessed day. 

FEAR THE TEAM, FEAR THE SPEED, & FEAR THE LEGEND... AIGHT!

Edited by MarionMadness

4 hours ago, MarionMadness said:

I am so excited about this upcoming season. These kids had a tough go a few years ago, but Coach Pruitt has done a terrific job getting them up to speed with his plays. One of the boys said that Coach Pruitt got some of his play designs from a coach in Alabama that has won a lot of titles down on the mountain in Alabama. We also get a lot of our defenses from JP. This is going to be a great year for these kiddos. The Big Show, My main man Mason in the middle, Taye, Riley, Alex running neat plays and Jake, Boomer, and others being great leaders on our line is going to be so great this year. Our kids have strength right now that is unbelievable. Kuddos to these coaches for getting our kids so strong. I know that JP has been heavily involved helping his dad get our kiddos stronger. What a great first year we had last season with Coach Pruitt, but he will have some new plays this season too so we will have new wrinkles that most teams don't expect.  I am glad we are not playing Whitwool or Pitchburg either. We have more class than them anyway. We are Marion County! As always it's a great day to be a warrior. I hope everyone has a blessed day. 

Will your coaches use their new secret plays, or will they save them until a big game? Good coaches design plays that will work against a certain team sometimes, and might not against others, so will that matter who and when we see them?

15 hours ago, MarionMadness said:

Need to thank the assistance coaches for putting in the time and hard work. And be nice to Whitwell cause they supported y’all and South Pitt through the years when playing for state. :thumb:

5 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Lost a lineman for this year hopefully a full recovery for  him so he can be ready for next year. 

Hate to hear that. Hope he has a swift recovery. Is this the same injury that pp68 spoke of earlier in the thread or a new Injury?

• Thanks 1