Community vs East Nashville

jg2e

What an incredible win by Community tonight to advance to the state tournament. A year after losing 4 starters, they beat a team the Vikings collapsed against in last year’s sectional. If they can hang with a team as athletic as East, even though East didn’t play a full schedule, they have a chance to make a decent run. They have such a fun, throwback play style that is incredibly refreshing to watch.  

6 minutes ago, jg2e said:

What an incredible win by Community tonight to advance to the state tournament. A year after losing 4 starters, they beat a team the Vikings collapsed against in last year’s sectional. If they can hang with a team as athletic as East, even though East didn’t play a full schedule, they have a chance to make a decent run. They have such a fun, throwback play style that is incredibly refreshing to watch.  

Amazing team effort. Coach Davis has done a great job and deserves this appearance at State!

Very well said! I watched the game on NFHS as it was sold out. The Community kids play for sure an old school style and that’s a reflection of coaching. They read back cuts, their ball movement on offense is fun to watch and they actually rebound and defend as a team. I believe Coach Davis has  4 sectional appearances in his 9 years there and in 2 different classifications is pretty impressive for a school their size. Pretty sure he also has a state tournament appearance in baseball as well at Community. Even though I am from Marshall County I am happy for the people of Unionville. They are always gracious when we have played there and have never seen bad sportsmanship from them. Hope Coach Davis is there for a while because us old basketball fans love watching his teams play. His teams are always competitive come tournament time. Wouldn’t be surprised if some school comes in to try and lure him away. Hats off to East Nashville as well! Those kids had to wait a long time to get to even play basketball and what they have gone through has to be tough watching surrounding counties play a full season. The East kids are very talented and their 3 guards are as good as I have seen in a while. You can guarantee that they will be a state contender next year! 

57 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

East losing 3 starters to transfers when the season was postponed doomed them. Glad the remaining kids got to play some type of season.

Very True. 

If this was a normal season, Community would've been hosting Pearl Cohn. Unfortunately 2 of the top 3 players on East team transferred after hearing it would be a shortened season. 

10AA was down in general this year. Pearl and East lost most of their "players" that made their teams last year and Maplewood's best players committed homicide.... 

Congrats to Community. Hope they don't draw Southside. 

Just curious, where did those three starters for East end up?   I did notice last night watching the game that they did not seem to have quite as much size as they did last year when they played Community.  Nevertheless, East was still very athletic and talented and shot the ball well.  

No doubt a very talented East team and for sure hurt if they lost guys to transfer. Those players and coaches are all a class act. They play the game the right way. I noticed this morning that East and Pearl will be in region with Community next year. This may end up being a nice little region to watch every year. For sure East and Pearl are the Duke and North Carolina of the region. Community will always be right there and you add Cascade that almost won at Clay County last night and. Grundy team that was ranked most the year.

1 hour ago, jrm2x said:

Just curious, where did those three starters for East end up?   I did notice last night watching the game that they did not seem to have quite as much size as they did last year when they played Community.  Nevertheless, East was still very athletic and talented and shot the ball well.  

One started for Arlington, one "moved" to Bowling Green, and one to Atlanta