South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

2 hours ago, crow said:

Maybe he’s the scorned captain. I hear the forced resignation is gonna cost him a lot more than if they’d let him stay until his legal matters were resolved. I was told he vowed to take some folks down with him as the meeting concluded. Sounds like he may be making good on his promise. 

What legal matters? 

3 hours ago, crow said:

Maybe he’s the scorned captain. I hear the forced resignation is gonna cost him a lot more than if they’d let him stay until his legal matters were resolved. I was told he vowed to take some folks down with him as the meeting concluded. Sounds like he may be making good on his promise. 

Let’s not talk too much about hearsay because you may be hit with legal matters yourself.  Not from me of course, but just saying be careful what you say.  

7 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

What legal matters? 

I won’t get into the particulars here. I’m honestly not about airing out any dirty laundry. Just stating that the punishment doesn’t seem to fit the crime. Most schools you so much as buy a varsity football player a pair of cleats to play in you’ll lose post season for 2 years. No real program punishment handed down in this one. Good for the Pirates I’ll admit. A couple years with no post season and they’d be eating their own for sure. 

6 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Let’s not talk too much about hearsay because you may be hit with legal matters yourself.  Not from me of course, but just saying be careful what you say.  

Lol I’m certainly not worried about being hit with legal matters. Besides I could easily be hacked, wasn’t me that actually posted that your honor, it was the QB club and, and, and oh yeah it was after season and, and it was a good deed, and we’re real sorry and besides Jasper made me do it. It’s really all their fault your honor. . . I’m sure I could get off with probation with a proven defensive strategy like that one :roflol:

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

:shock: 

Crow you have a friend in sp land I see that knows what went on. You are all over it. 

I’ve been telling them fellars since the year before the Hixson transfers momma got all upset that I’ve got a friend that used to play there. He’s still on the “inside” of the circle but he’s over all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. He tells me all kinds of stuff swirling around. Mayors, alimony, Michigan plane trips, field house sleep overs, assistant coaches leaving for very sketchy reasons, mad daddy’s of students hitting coaches during practice. It’s an entertaining phone call most times. I usually think he’s stretching it a little then a few months later something pops up. They try to make it look like I’m making this junk up but either they know or they’re not as close to the program as they like to let on. Personally I’m glad they’ve got an opportunity to hire a coach that hopefully will get things done the right way. SP is a very accomplished program, hopefully this will be a good change. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, crow said:

I’ve been telling them fellars since the year before the Hixson transfers momma got all upset that I’ve got a friend that used to play there. He’s still on the “inside” of the circle but he’s over all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. He tells me all kinds of stuff swirling around. Mayors, alimony, Michigan plane trips, field house sleep overs, assistant coaches leaving for very sketchy reasons, mad daddy’s of students hitting coaches during practice. It’s an entertaining phone call most times. I usually think he’s stretching it a little then a few months later something pops up. They try to make it look like I’m making this junk up but either they know or they’re not as close to the program as they like to let on. Personally I’m glad they’ve got an opportunity to hire a coach that hopefully will get things done the right way. SP is a very accomplished program, hopefully this will be a good change. 

Either we have the same friend or there's more than one who isn't a loyalist. I know what you're talking about in everyone of the instances you spoke of. (There are some very good people there but it just takes a few bad apples to ruin everything. That's everywhere I guess.) I assume you know about the altercation after the state game when everyone got back to the school? The off field stuff affects the on field stuff I believe. 

The probation won't really hurt them too much. We've been through it and it wasn't bad. It's pretty much the same punishment we got in 2016 minus the qb club disbanding. There's ways around that though. A kid showed up at our fieldhouse and talked to 2 coaches. They had just left talking to someone down the road from us but since he was an asst principal there was no foul. Sp knew he came here and talked to our coaches and they turned us in and we got our punishment verdict handed down on the Friday we played sp. Ironic huh? 

1 hour ago, crow said:

I won’t get into the particulars here. I’m honestly not about airing out any dirty laundry. Just stating that the punishment doesn’t seem to fit the crime. Most schools you so much as buy a varsity football player a pair of cleats to play in you’ll lose post season for 2 years. No real program punishment handed down in this one. Good for the Pirates I’ll admit. A couple years with no post season and they’d be eating their own for sure. 

They won't get a post season ban for the same reason we didn't for some of the crap we did when McCurry was our HC. We travel very well in the playoffs and the TSSAA is not going to hurt themselves when it comes to making money off of us or them in the postseason. That's just the bottom line actually. 

7 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

They won't get a post season ban for the same reason we didn't for some of the crap we did when McCurry was our HC. We travel very well in the playoffs and the TSSAA is not going to hurt themselves when it comes to making money off of us or them in the postseason. That's just the bottom line actually. 

Couldn't have said it better. Just follow the money. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Either we have the same friend or there's more than one who isn't a loyalist. I know what you're talking about in everyone of the instances you spoke of. (There are some very good people there but it just takes a few bad apples to ruin everything. That's everywhere I guess.) I assume you know about the altercation after the state game when everyone got back to the school? The off field stuff affects the on field stuff I believe. 

The probation won't really hurt them too much. We've been through it and it wasn't bad. It's pretty much the same punishment we got in 2016 minus the qb club disbanding. There's ways around that though. A kid showed up at our fieldhouse and talked to 2 coaches. They had just left talking to someone down the road from us but since he was an asst principal there was no foul. Sp knew he came here and talked to our coaches and they turned us in and we got our punishment verdict handed down on the Friday we played sp. Ironic huh? 

Yes there are some very good folks involved with the SP program. Most of them are actually and they’re getting tired of all the shenanigans by a few but unfortunately there have been folks in place that not only made change impossible they actually actively worked to hurt anyone that dared to suggest anything be done differently. Like I said, SP is a small town with a great football history, I truly hope this change is a positive one for the team and the community. And yes I did hear about the incident after the state game but not from my hunting friend. 

Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crow said:

Lol I’m certainly not worried about being hit with legal matters. Besides I could easily be hacked, wasn’t me that actually posted that your honor, it was the QB club and, and, and oh yeah it was after season and, and it was a good deed, and we’re real sorry and besides Jasper made me do it. It’s really all their fault your honor. . . I’m sure I could get off with probation with a proven defensive strategy like that one :roflol:

^^^This

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

It’s going to get worse for them before it gets better... their inner circle is now fighting with each other... last night at Mexican restraunt one of them started spilling the beans... you can’t make some of this stuff up......