South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

52 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee the jailhouse fellars tried along with Grider not to make this happen.  You think im joking but im not. 

Daggummit Roy I heard this Jones man is gonna charge more to get in his games and he's gonna put a lock on that Tower man's back door. What kind of mess is this?

On 3/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, OLD PIRATE said:

LOPAO, Old Pirate says folkes alt not fall fer this mess. Ole Fesser Phil Beene went to school upwards north before it come to be known as Jasper Jailhouse High. Figure he hated that puke purple a HEEP too! Folkes should knowds the Fesser would send all rift raft hiking north to embreed with the fellers. Then theres that Baxter man them folkes named there field after hated that puke purple a HEEP too. That Kirkpatrick man simply got slapped way too hard by a skillet. That Toy Boeck man reportedly got in The Captain’s dog house. That Starkey man knowds better,  he jest got corrupted, brainwashed and learned too many special skills popular round Jasper Jailhouse High. That bat toting coach Paris man left Jasper and whipped up on the puke purple. Theys a real tall feller that is a dribbling coach. Old Pirate pert near sure theys at lest a couple more former puke purple wearers that have upgraded resumes since wearing puke purple. OP jest ain’t got the memory of RD. Leastways, figure coacht fellers sees the mess that constantly flows south. YepReconSo 

OP/ROY, thanks for the response but I was strictly talking about football. That was my fault for not making it clear. I will say you guys did a great job in hiring Brian Paris. Haven't spoken to him in a while but he is a great man and a great coach. Is he still there or has he moved on? I've always loved the Phillips brothers, can't say enough good things about them. 

Congrats on the hire. I believe he will be a good one for you guys. 

One last thing, I think you might want to change the "It's coming" to something else to bring in the new era. The only thing us coach t posters have seen when you fellas turn on the "It's coming" signal is A HEEP OF SILVER, BUT NO GOLD. 

Those fellas at Whitwell said that the Peerats and Warriors could come take a look if we would like. :roflol:

2 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

Congrats to Coach Jones.  Hope that Coach Waggoner can find a good job. He is a good man and a good coach.  More than either of these congrats to Coach Grider for a heck of a career. Be a tough job to keep the ship going like he has for a long time.

Also, nothing against South Pitt, but you will never have another coach that will spend his entire career at one school, as Grider did. Those days are long gone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, chs1984 said:

Also, nothing against South Pitt, but you will never have another coach that will spend his entire career at one school, as Grider did. Those days are long gone. 

I would never say never, but I think you are 99% right. There is A LOT of money to be made in coaching these days and unfortunately it's hard to hang on to a top notch guy. To be honest, if the stars didn't align just right Vic wouldn't have been there as long as he was. In the end it all worked out for both parties.  

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

OP/ROY, thanks for the response but I was strictly talking about football. That was my fault for not making it clear. I will say you guys did a great job in hiring Brian Paris. Haven't spoken to him in a while but he is a great man and a great coach. Is he still there or has he moved on? I've always loved the Phillips brothers, can't say enough good things about them. 

One last thing, I think you might want to change the "It's coming" to something else to bring in the new era. The only thing us coach t posters have seen when you fellas turn on the "It's coming" signal is A HEEP OF SILVER, BUT NO GOLD. 

Those fellas at Whitwell said that the Peerats and Warriors could come take a look if we would like. :roflol:

"It's Coming" has brought in 1 silver.

Just s little information about Coach Jones. He's a very hard worker that will make his coaches and players better. He has that determination alot of coaches don't have. He will demand only the best from everyone involved with the program. Chris is a coach that will coach a player. There may be games we may lose on the scoreboard, but I think a newer brand of hardnosed football players will happen.  You will know when you play SP, you better strap everything on tight. We've had a few hard hitters in the last few years, but I think everyone on the team will now be a headhunter.   I use to watch Chris practice when he played at SP and he was one of the most hardnosed players that would give it his all in practice that most kid's don't give. I think this new SP team will be one of the most physical we've seen since maybe the seventies or eighties. Chris is a good guy and does alot of good alot of people have no idea about and he doesn't brag about it.  I can't wait till he and his staff can get to work. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Coach Paris is a great coach. He understands the game of pitching wonderfully. Unfortunately, he is not here anymore.