South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

1 hour ago, rlh said:

Now you are switching your schtick to impact players instead of speedsters.  As far as your original implication, name a back?  It wouldn't be Frame, Tipton, Kenemore etc. Sanders played 4 years as did Hurd.

Not gonna argue semantics with you. You’re a daddy grider guy and that’s fine but we ALL know how he ran the program. It was more a comment to tricky Vicky’s win at any cost mentality than a condemnation of the program itself but then again you were drinking the kool-aid. Brick by brick right rlh? :roflol:

Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Not gonna argue semantics with you. You’re a daddy grider guy and that’s fine but we ALL know how he ran the program. It was more a comment to tricky Vicky’s win at any cost mentality than a condemnation of the program itself but then again you were drinking the kool-aid. Brick by brick right rlh? :roflol:

It wasn't semantics.  It was calling you on what you said about speedsters.  Brick by brick was your Schtick along with the winning at any cost.  For the record, I didn't always agree eye to eye with D.G., but over all hew as solid.  I will leave the toddler drinks to you.

12 minutes ago, rlh said:

It wasn't semantics.  It was calling you on what you said about speedsters.  Brick by brick was your Schtick along with the winning at any cost.  For the record, I didn't always agree eye to eye with D.G., but over all hew as solid.  I will leave the toddler drinks to you.

maybe the new coach will be more successful. Like I said I was always a fan of SP until grider turned it into what it has been the last few years. Like I said earlier I truly hope jones can and does return the program to what it used to be. I’m hoping to be able to pull for the pirates again someday. I’m sure you and plenty others could care less if I do or don’t pull for SP just as I’m not concerned if we agree on the topic or not but my hopes your program returns to what it once was is genuine. 

Edited by crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

maybe the new coach will be more successful. Like I said I was always a fan of SP until grider turned it into what it has been the last few years. Like I said earlier I truly hope jones can and does return the program to what it used to be. I’m hoping to be able to pull for the pirates again someday. I’m sure you and plenty others could care less if I do or don’t pull for SP just as I’m not concerned if we agree on the topic or not but my hopes your program returns to what it once was is genuine. 

I think your problem is you believe way to much from the gossiping ladies you are in contact with.  Just to be clear, I support SPHS.  It is bigger than whoever the Coach is at the time.  That said, I think Tim Moore who was also a legendary Pirate in his day got a crappy deal. 

I support all the local teams, but  we just hired John madden to beat the lookout valleys?  All gas no brakes.  I guess that is true if you clear the track of obstacles.   

I know for a fact those folks around the court house will have a pretty good team this season,  I guess someone thought they would lose fans if they lost to them their first year as HC. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, beerman said:

I support all the local teams, but  we just hired John madden to beat the lookout valleys?  All gas no brakes.  I guess that is true if you clear the track of obstacles.   

I know for a fact those folks around the court house will have a pretty good team this season,  I guess someone thought they would lose fans if they lost to them their first year as HC. 

That's what doesn't make any sense about Jasper not wanting to play. It will be the best team they have had since the Ricki years.

28 minutes ago, rlh said:

I think your problem is you believe way to much from the gossiping ladies you are in contact with.  Just to be clear, I support SPHS.  It is bigger than whoever the Coach is at the time.  That said, I think Tim Moore who was also a legendary Pirate in his day got a crappy deal. 

They’re the same folks you talk to at the games on Friday pal. I guarantee you are friends with one I know well. He thinks you are partial to grider flavored kool-aid to btw. At any rate hope the new coach works out. 

Oh and I agree Moore got the shaft. 

I think what has happened at SP and not pointing fingers at anyone, but some people forgot SP was bigger than any one person and because of that, that's why there was the deal with a great lady teacher and coach that was let go and also Tim really never had a chance. He stepped into a frying pan. I think the best thing for SP has happened and we have Chris to settle things down. I might not always agree with everything SP does, but I'm orange and black blooded and love my school and will support it. 

3 minutes ago, sportman said:

I think what has happened at SP and not pointing fingers at anyone, but some people forgot SP was bigger than any one person and because of that, that's why there was the deal with a great lady teacher and coach that was let go and also Tim really never had a chance. He stepped into a frying pan. I think the best thing for SP has happened and we have Chris to settle things down. I might not always agree with everything SP does, but I'm orange and black blooded and love my school and will support it. 

Very well said.