State Tournament Class A

21 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

If you go back and Read my posts  from last year. I said he was the best player in Class A then as a sophomore.  This should have been Back to Back State Championships for Clay. They lost a very good post player to graduation. Last years team was as good or better. 

Monterey beat them last year in the Region Championship on a Neutral Floor.  Clay and Pickett had such  advantages this year with Home-Court in District and Region Trmt.   Although, I like the Idea of Home-Court, it makes the Regular Season games mean something.

11 hours ago, blueeyes said:

Monterey beat them last year in the Region Championship on a Neutral Floor.  Clay and Pickett had such  advantages this year with Home-Court in District and Region Trmt.   Although, I like the Idea of Home-Court, it makes the Regular Season games mean something.

Yes they did but Clay also beat them during the year and in the district tournament. In a win or go home game it would have came down to coaching and Rob Edwards wins that one hands down. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

On 3/19/2021 at 4:07 PM, Mrsports said:

Okay, Like that’s the first time he has ever been given a technical foul or intentional foul. If you don’t put yourself in the bully role, you won’t get those calls. But the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree watching and listening to his parents in the stands during a game. 

Mrsports: Looks like you showed your IQ and your moral character at the same time. It is very evident you don't have a clue what you are talking about. This young man is one of the most humble young men that you will ever meet. He may be a lot of things but Bully is not one of them. For you to be on a public forum and I am guessing an adult and to call out a young man that you don't even know and to call him a bully is an embarrassment to say the least. If I were you I would stay off of social media sites and hope that no one knows who you really are.   I talked with him and looked it up and he has 1 other technical in his life time of playing sports. You are correct about 1 thing though the apple did not fall far from the tree, his parents are fantastic people

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 9:32 AM, SayWhat said:

MAHS hasn't bent any rules...yall to funny..everyone cheats if they from Memphis..that narrative is old and demeaning to the kids who are there from Memphis...I guess Memphis don't work hard as the rural counties smh...Coach Watkins lost a son last yr..Im happy as ever for him..he deserves this

Everyone cheats i know from a very reliable source Hampton fudged the enrollment numbers even taking kids off enrollment that were trying to register for class and could not, to stay single a in basketball principal made comment that you owe me coach i got you down to single a so its not just Memphis. Hampton has well over 420 students football and basketball should neither be playing single A

Just now, allsportsmatter said:

Everyone cheats i know from a very reliable source Hampton fudged the enrollment numbers even taking kids off enrollment that were trying to register for class and could not, to stay single a in basketball principal made comment that you owe me coach i got you down to single a so its not just Memphis. Hampton has well over 420 students football and basketball should neither be playing single A

If you think I'm wrong about this check the numbers at Hampton. Make Hampton play where they belong Football should be playing double A schools and so should basketball winning programs should come from good programs not number calculations

3 hours ago, allsportsmatter said:

are you sure

Positive single A conference is Unaka Cloudland Jellico Hancock Cosby and NG 

2A conference is Hampton, south Greene, happy valley, Cumberland gap.... 

now in basketball and baseball they are in single A but they’re like the biggest single A school according to their numbers at like 385 lol I’ve always thought they had more than that but a lot of schools enrollment numbers are lower now (who knows if valid or not) 

17 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Positive single A conference is Unaka Cloudland Jellico Hancock Cosby and NG 

2A conference is Hampton, south Greene, happy valley, Cumberland gap.... 

now in basketball and baseball they are in single A but they’re like the biggest single A school according to their numbers at like 385 lol I’ve always thought they had more than that but a lot of schools enrollment numbers are lower now (who knows if valid or not) 

Promise you they have over 400 and always have had numbers were manipulated to keep basketball in single a because they didn't think they could compete in double a