State Tournament Class A

35 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Honestly no I haven’t. I’m mainly going on traditional matchups which means absolutely nothing this year. I do know Clay/Madison Magnet always being tough teams to the tournament and this year is no exception. 

Madison Magnet have literally never been to glass house ever. I doubt you’ve even seen film on them! If Clay county plays like they did at home vs Cascade they will be getting sent home quick. Strong had to struggle to get 40 while missing 8 free throws and having 5 or 6 turnovers in the substate game.  If Clay can get more production out of a couple of the younger players then Madison won’t be able to double and triple team Strong. Look out for Clay County if they are making shots because their defense always travels. 

9 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Madison Magnet have literally never been to glass house ever. I doubt you’ve even seen film on them! If Clay county plays like they did at home vs Cascade they will be getting sent home quick. Strong had to struggle to get 40 while missing 8 free throws and having 5 or 6 turnovers in the substate game.  If Clay can get more production out of a couple of the younger players then Madison won’t be able to double and triple team Strong. Look out for Clay County if they are making shots because their defense always travels. 

I didn’t say I had seen film on them!  Any team that makes it out of Middleton, Madison Magnet, Humboldt, Union City  Region etc... is a good team. I don’t need film to know that.  I also know Clay County is well coached and they have more than just one player. Strong is the best player in Class A no question there but Clay has many other playmakers. I do agree in that they need to play better than they did in the substate game and I fully expect them to. 

2 hours ago, ecu said:

Richland is a much better team than they are given credit. Clay not as good as Richland. 

Who’s not giving Richland credit?  26-1 is hard to overlook!  Lol. The top five ranked teams in the state are/were in that bracket. Lorretto got put out by Richland. Whoever makes it out of that side has definitely earned it. 

7 hours ago, rammerjammer2 said:

Who’s not giving Richland credit?  26-1 is hard to overlook!  Lol. The top five ranked teams in the state are/were in that bracket. Lorretto got put out by Richland. Whoever makes it out of that side has definitely earned it. 

On this post no one had even mentioned them. Extremely fast guards, great shooters, and adequate post play. Wouldn’t be surprised if they win it all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ecu said:

On this post no one had even mentioned them. Extremely fast guards, great shooters, and adequate post play. Wouldn’t be surprised if they win it all.

I think this will be one of the most competitive state tournaments in a long time. There are several good teams. Pickett County has a really good team as well and I fully expect them to make some noise.  They are well coached, they shoot the 3 extremely well and have a good inside game. I’m looking forward to this coming week!

13 hours ago, ecu said:

26-1 is hard to overlook, however records mean about as much as my opinion at this point! From looking at their schedule they haven’t been in too many dog fights this year. That could spell trouble.  As far as their post play is concerned it better be more than adequate or the big kid from NG will send you home in the first round. He is extremely talented! Good luck to all teams and it is sad that each team only gets 250 tickets because I know the single A community’s travel extremely well and could have sold 1250 tickets easily. 

14 hours ago, ecu said:

I may be totally off but I think ng can play with them... nothing flashy about ng but they have a kid who can flat out get it done with some nice pieces around him 

36 minutes ago, GreeneDevil123 said:

I may be totally off but I think ng can play with them... nothing flashy about ng but they have a kid who can flat out get it done with some nice pieces around him 

Im thinking they can beat them as long as they slow the tempo down!  NG schedule is much stronger and I think that favors them in this matchup. Every team has a chance to win this year with no overwhelming favorites it will come down to who has the better coaching and execution of the gameplan. 

11 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Im thinking they can beat them as long as they slow the tempo down!  NG schedule is much stronger and I think that favors them in this matchup. Every team has a chance to win this year with no overwhelming favorites it will come down to who has the better coaching and execution of the gameplan. 

Not sure what schedules you looking at?

Richland has beat 3 AP top 10 teams& or 3 top 10 coach t teams. Not same 3.

No other single A team in state tourney can say that. 

Now that don’t mean crap come Wednesday but your strength of schedule business is bogus. 

Should be 4 good games. 

Picking : Richland , Madison, WC and PC

10 hours ago, Lynnvegas said:

Not sure what schedules you looking at?

Richland has beat 3 AP top 10 teams& or 3 top 10 coach t teams. Not same 3.

No other single A team in state tourney can say that. 

Now that don’t mean crap come Wednesday but your strength of schedule business is bogus. 

Should be 4 good games. 

Picking : Richland , Madison, WC and PC

Richland has played 3 solid opponents all year: Riverdale, Watertown, Harriman. Just look at the scores I don’t know much about their district and region but it seemed to be way down this year. That usually doesn’t bode well when you get to the glass house. 

The AP poll is a joke and it’s controlled by certain news outlets just like the CoachT SOS and everything else means nothing. 

I agree about poll completely. Just wondering how you say tougher schedule what are you basing it on. 

At least coach t is computer based on year long results. 

I’d say Loretto, Jo Byrns Summertown and Cascade are all solid and won their districts. 

Ask Clay about Cascade. Ask WC about Summertown. PS Richland beat Harriman without 2nd leading scorer playing. Can’t wait for Wednesday! Finally scored a ticket this weekend. Richland sold out in minutes.