State Tournament Class A

2 hours ago, Lynnvegas said:

I agree about poll completely. Just wondering how you say tougher schedule what are you basing it on. 

At least coach t is computer based on year long results. 

I’d say Loretto, Jo Byrns Summertown and Cascade are all solid and won their districts. 

Ask Clay about Cascade. Ask WC about Summertown. PS Richland beat Harriman without 2nd leading scorer playing. Can’t wait for Wednesday! Finally scored a ticket this weekend. Richland sold out in minutes. 

Right! They have played some really good single A teams. I’m not saying they won’t do well in the tournament I just think NG will be a tough out and are probably a little more battle tested playing Etown, Crockett, and Boone. Those are 3 big schools and they seemed to compete pretty well based on the scores. 

I think this is anyone’s tournament to win it’s going to come down to coaching and execution! I’m just looking forward to some good basketball! 

Madison is the best 1a team I saw this season. They’ve only lost two games...1 against South Side who is in the 2a state tournament and 1 against a very good 3a Arlington team that only lost to 3 teams this year. (Houston( Mike Miller’s squad), a very good Bartlett team and Collierville who is in the 3a tourney). Madison also plays home games in the Oman Arena which I think gives them a shooting edge. So it won’t be strange to them shooting in a cavernous gym like the Glass House.

3 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

Looks like NG has this one. Up 9 with 2:31 to play. Schultz is a problem for anyone. 

Tough end for Richland. NG has attempted double the 3 point attempts as Richland and thats the difference in the ball game. 

NG has doubled them up on rebounds too. The press is getting Richland back in it though