State Tournament Class A

5 hours ago, RidinSplinters said:

the point was Schultz is NG. The rest of that team wouldn't be near enough to make it this far. They have no ball handlers outside of Schultz. Schultz is really good though. The rest of the team complement him. As a team, NG isn't very good. They have just one really good player with some decent players. 

Either team they play next will win by 20-25. 

Get ready for full court press from Clay if NG has no ball handling 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Get ready for full court press from Clay if NG has no ball handling 

I don't think I have seen a worse ball handling team make it this far. They have one player that really is even a serviceable ball handler. He really is a good passing post through. Best in the A tourney probably. He makes good decisions with the ball, but the rest of the team is so subpar compared to the competition. 

6 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

I don't think I have seen a worse ball handling team make it this far. They have one player that really is even a serviceable ball handler. He really is a good passing post through. Best in the A tourney probably. He makes good decisions with the ball, but the rest of the team is so subpar compared to the competition. 

Must mean richLand was just awful then. 

39 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

NG was literally led by a German exchange student lol. You got gifted one of the best players in the state. Be thankful. 

Campbell and Foulks had double figures. Loftis is two points shy of 1,000 and missed most of his sophomore year with an injury. The other rotational players play hard on both ends and know their role. I am sure they are thankful for Shultz but you don’t win 33 and make the final four with one player. Well coached team. Very deserving of all they have achieved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oasispop said:

Hey, UCSportsFan. How would you compare this Clay County team to the Tyreke Key team that lost in the championship to Harriman. 

This years team not quite as good as that team was. Tyreke was a man and he had a senior laden team around him. They had a better post game for sure and Tyreke got to the rim at will. That team probably beats this years team 6/10 times. Now having said that this Clay County team has only one senior and his last name is NOT Strong. This year Tyreke would have been the best player on the floor up until crunch time. To me that’s where the Strong kid really shows up. Tyreke never really wanted the ball when the game was on the line where as Strong does. Strong has a better perimeter game so he is extremely hard to guard. The Spivey kid is also a junior and at 6’4 he will only get better. Clays post players are sophomores and they are so well coached they get better every year.  Clay is the favorite again this year just like they were that year. IMO if it comes down to the last shot to win or lose like it did with the team Tyreke was on I’m putting my money on Strong to finish it with the win. Put Tyreke on this team and I still want the ball in the hands of Strong when the game is on the line. 

51 minutes ago, losangeleslakers said:

Campbell and Foulks had double figures. Loftis is two points shy of 1,000 and missed most of his sophomore year with an injury. The other rotational players play hard on both ends and know their role. I am sure they are thankful for Shultz but you don’t win 33 and make the final four with one player. Well coached team. Very deserving of all they have achieved.

I don't think they are undeserving, but they can't stay on the floor with Clay County. At least a 20 point win.

14 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

This years team not quite as good as that team was. Tyreke was a man and he had a senior laden team around him. They had a better post game for sure and Tyreke got to the rim at will. That team probably beats this years team 6/10 times. Now having said that this Clay County team has only one senior and his last name is NOT Strong. This year Tyreke would have been the best player on the floor up until crunch time. To me that’s where the Strong kid really shows up. Tyreke never really wanted the ball when the game was on the line where as Strong does. Strong has a better perimeter game so he is extremely hard to guard. The Spivey kid is also a junior and at 6’4 he will only get better. Clays post players are sophomores and they are so well coached they get better every year.  Clay is the favorite again this year just like they were that year. IMO if it comes down to the last shot to win or lose like it did with the team Tyreke was on I’m putting my money on Strong to finish it with the win. Put Tyreke on this team and I still want the ball in the hands of Strong when the game is on the line. 

Thanks.