Class AA Bracket

toinemac

10 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Great Game and championship for the Greeneville Greene Devils! A tip of the hat to Jackson South Side and their smothering 2nd half defense.

I got a lump in my throat in the third quarter. South Side had a much better inside game than in the first two quarters. Their defense was everything I heard it would be after the half. I bet the coach gave them a good talking to at halftime. 

Overall, an exciting game to watch on TV. Congratulations to both teams for 100% effort and for good sportsmanship. 

We can look to next year's tournament for a rematch. Maybe even sooner?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crow6424 said:

Greeneville’s team played with class. Great group of kids. Congratulations 

Thank you, it reflects their parents but also their coach, Brad Woolsey. He could have been anything, Dr., lawyer, engineer, clergyman, but Brad was called to education.

PS: Coach is a 1996 grad of GHS.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, REBELRON said:

What schools are looking at Reid Satterfield and Jacobi Gillesspi ? Satterfield can stroke it. Both those young men can play

Gillespie holds a basketball offer from Tusculum right now and a football offer from EKU (He was a 4a All state Pick at DB this year).  Satterfield only offer is Tusculum as of now.  I believe Both will be getting more looks for their Senior Season next year.  Greeneville loses 2 starters but return Gillespie, Satterfield, Grove, Dabbs (6th man).  Next year they will be bigger and stronger with Gillespie, Grove, Dabbs, Lester Brothers, Tillery, and Price all Starters or get playing time on the Football team (They grew a lot in the weight room from Last year to this year )

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Gillespie holds a basketball offer from Tusculum right now and a football offer from EKU (He was a 4a All state Pick at DB this year).  Satterfield only offer is Tusculum as of now.  I believe Both will be getting more looks for their Senior Season next year.  Greeneville loses 2 starters but return Gillespie, Satterfield, Grove, Dabbs (6th man).  Next year they will be bigger and stronger with Gillespie, Grove, Dabbs, Lester Brothers, Tillery, and Price all Starters or get playing time on the Football team (They grew a lot in the weight room from Last year to this year )

How bad will moving to AAA hurt their chances of a repeat?