Class AA Bracket

toinemac

7 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

How bad will moving to AAA hurt their chances of a repeat? 

Next year Tennessee will have 4 classification in Basketball Split evenly with the largest AAA school at around 1,200.  I think they will be fine looking at the list of schools in AAA and not to much different than teams they went through this year.  They did beat Oak Ridge last season too who made the Semi’s in AAA

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020/2021classification.html#di-bkb-bsb-sft

Edited by Swipes

9 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

How bad will moving to AAA hurt their chances of a repeat? 

Traditionally, Greeneville has played well against larger schools in the eastern part of the state, both in football and basketball. The key is to make it to state and then play one team and one game at a time.

I know we all get caught up in the future and how our teams will do in different sports. I was just looking at different NET high school programs as well as some of the great programs around the state on the tssaa  website.No matter if it's a boys or girls sport,we should all just enjoy the moment when our favorite teams win a state championship.Shoot,some schools have never had the Fortune of winning at that level or it's been so long that it's like telling a story that should be on the history channel. So, great job to all those individuals or teams around the state in every sport over the  years that have worked hard and made it to the mountain top, because you will always be a champion ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I know we all get caught up in the future and how our teams will do in different sports. I was just looking at different NET high school programs as well as some of the great programs around the state on the tssaa  website.No matter if it's a boys or girls sport,we should all just enjoy the moment when our favorite teams win a state championship.Shoot,some schools have never had the Fortune of winning at that level or it's been so long that it's like telling a story that should be on the history channel. So, great job to all those individuals or teams around the state in every sport over the  years that have worked hard and made it to the mountain top, because you will always be a champion ! 

It's a real shame that the joy of the moment lasts only a moment for some. Almost as soon as the cheering stops, people start with the "next year" discussions for the champs. Just savor the moment that will live forever in the kids' hearts, it's an accomplishment, it's reaching the mountain top, and it's the last hurrah for the seniors. They're the champs for a year on the books, and forever for the team...it should be celebrated as such.

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2021 at 7:28 AM, tradertwo said:

It's a real shame that the joy of the moment lasts only a moment for some. Almost as soon as the cheering stops, people start with the "next year" discussions for the champs. Just savor the moment that will live forever in the kids' hearts, it's an accomplishment, it's reaching the mountain top, and it's the last hurrah for the seniors. They're the champs for a year on the books, and forever for the team...it should be celebrated as such.

I live in the house of a state champion. The last two weeks is when the memory feed on FB has been popping up. I actually received a couple of videos I didn’t have. I agree the champs need all the glory. I have E-Mailed Coach White of Macon County and Coach Rutlege of Loretto on the girls side. Know what they are feeling because the state championship feeling never goes away and I agree they need to be acknowledged a bunch because they have reached the mountain top and the dream just became a reality. It is a true blessing and a Godly moment to win a state championship and i want to express Congratulations!!

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2021 at 7:10 PM, Swipes said:

Next year Tennessee will have 4 classification in Basketball Split evenly with the largest AAA school at around 1,200.  I think they will be fine looking at the list of schools in AAA and not to much different than teams they went through this year.  They did beat Oak Ridge last season too who made the Semi’s in AAA

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020/2021classification.html#di-bkb-bsb-sft

In Class A Clay County is the favorite followed by the two teams that come out of Memphis.