Huge hire for Trinity Christian Academy

ReitzFan

12 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

This afternoon, Trinity Christian Academy announced that Dexter Williams will be the next head boys basketball coach and athletic director for the Lions.

Big time hire!!!

You are going to see a pretty big shift in the boys program at TCA. Not a knock to Northcutt, cause I think he did a good job with what he had, but this will be a game changer. Not only is Williams a good coach, but talent will seek out TCA because he is there. He's done a lot of AAU coaching over the years, and I've already heard some of those kids are wanting to come play for him. His son, who is a freshman, is really good, as well.

And as mentioned in your post, an all-around great guy. He'll do a great job at the helm of the athletics program there. 

14 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

HUGE!!!!!  Not just a great coach but more important a great man. 

Congrats to you "other" Lions!!!

Not sure that Williams is better than Northcutt at X's and O's, but he's absolutely as good at motivation and discipline as they come. He's also got that "it" factor that I used to needle Stroup about having... he'd make a great used car salesman if this coaching thing don't work out, and your numbers will show that soon.

Edited by tradertwo

58 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not sure that Williams is better than Northcutt at X's and O's, but he's absolutely as good at motivation and discipline as they come. He's also got that "it" factor that I used to needle Stroup about having... he'd make a great used car salesman if this coaching thing don't work out, and your numbers will show that soon.

Thanks and I agree Trader. There is no knock at Northcut but Dexter will bring a new life. Excited to see how this hire will help all the sports. 

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Thanks and I agree Trader. There is no knock at Northcut but Dexter will bring a new life. Excited to see how this hire will help all the sports. 

Northcutt certainly got a lot out of what he has had there. Think he is a really good coach. Dexter will bring different strengths to the program and a different style. Certainly the home run hire that they need to be able to compete in DII.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:26 PM, ReitzFan said:

This afternoon, Trinity Christian Academy announced that Dexter Williams will be the next head boys basketball coach and athletic director for the Lions.

Big time hire!!!

Just know now when your bball team has success I'm going to give every piece of credit to the War Eagle.