Macon vs Grainger- Championship

tnchad1980

Who gets the gold???  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Gold is going home with

• Macon County
    • Grainger

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/13/2021 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Have you seen Macon County’s post?  No ones been able to guard her yet!   So that dog won’t hunt. 

#44, if that's who you are talking about, played well today. Just make sure to remind her to box out on defense tomorrow. Grainger # 30 had two very nice put backs coming in from the free throw line today.

Edited by Americal198

8 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I don't see Grainger shooting 70% from the 3 tomorrow, but either way it should be a barn burner. That was the best long distance shooting I've seen and the basket must of looked like a garbage can to their guns today. I don't know who wins this one.....coin toss?

It’s very hard to follow up a shooting performance like the one they had yesterday but if they do they will win. However if they don’t have that same fire power Macon County wins. I’ll take Larry Legend’s Tigerettes in a 7 point game.  

Macon County 58 Grainger 51

8 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I don't see Grainger shooting 70% from the 3 tomorrow, but either way it should be a barn burner. That was the best long distance shooting I've seen and the basket must of looked like a garbage can to their guns today. I don't know who wins this one.....coin toss?

You would be surprised at how well Grainger can shoot from outside.  They have very few bad games shooting - but it does occasionally happen.  Longmire is a tough matchup cause she can post up and shoot the 3.  When playing them I think man to man is best defense but you can’t sag off and help because they will kick it to the open player for an outside shot.  Greeneville took them to OT at Grainger this year by playing a tight man to man. 

1 minute ago, Greenecounty said:

You would be surprised at how well Grainger can shoot from outside.  They have very few bad games shooting - but it does occasionally happen.  Longmire is a tough matchup cause she can post up and shoot the 3.  When playing them I think man to man is best defense but you can’t sag off and help because they will kick it to the open player for an outside shot.  Greeneville took them to OT at Grainger this year by playing a tight man to man. 

Macon has a swarming defensive press. We will see how well they transition back in the half court.  At the same time Gregory is a tough matchup for Grainger or for anyone for that matter. They’ve beaten the best team in the tournament in Blackman and the best team in the state in Upperman so they are battle tested.  Grainger won’t surprise them with their length or athleticism nor will Macon be intimidated by Grainger. Should be a dandy. 

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Macon has a swarming defensive press. We will see how well they transition back in the half court.  At the same time Gregory is a tough matchup for Grainger or for anyone for that matter. They’ve beaten the best team in the tournament in Blackman and the best team in the state in Upperman so they are battle tested.  Grainger won’t surprise them with their length or athleticism nor will Macon be intimidated by Grainger. Should be a dandy. 

That’s the most amazing thing I’ve seen these last two days, Macon press has killed teams.  We played them multiple times this year and their press wasn’t a factor.  They started out pressing the first 2,3 or 4 possessions and then pulled it off cause it wasn’t turning us over.

Can’t throw long or soft, high passes against it.  Ball fake high and split it and go.  Got to be able to beat it off the dribble and look opposite over the top.  Not hard but seems to be Rubik’s cube for their opponents the last 2 days.

Macon should be careful.  Third game in 3 days playing 5 kids.  They press very much and may gas a couple of their own out.

Grainger looks to be able to play tough man D, which you have to against Macon, and they all look very well conditioned.

Just now, tnhoosier said:

That’s the most amazing thing I’ve seen these last two days, Macon press has killed teams.  We played them multiple times this year and their press wasn’t a factor.  They started out pressing the first 2,3 or 4 possessions and then pulled it off cause it wasn’t turning us over.

Can’t throw long or soft, high passes against it.  Ball fake high and split it and go.  Got to be able to beat it off the dribble and look opposite over the top.  Not hard but seems to be Rubik’s cube for their opponents the last 2 days.

Macon should be careful.  Third game in 3 days playing 5 kids.  They press very much and may gas a couple of their own out.

Grainger looks to be able to play tough man D, which you have to against Macon, and they all look very well conditioned.

Agree Grainger is the team ,I have been watching all year. Should be great game.

Macon just too good. Grainger is a good team and definitely deserved to be there.  How about the announcer pointing out Macon got beat by 30 by Upperman in January.  Hats off to my buddy Larry Legend. The man absolutely deserved this as does this team!!!  This team has already beaten Blackman who will win AAA how good were they last year? They lost three starters off of this team and they are going to win this game by double digits! Coach White might have coached the best season of his career!

• Like 1