LARRY LEGEND MACON COUNTY

UCSportsFan

On 3/13/2021 at 4:55 PM, UCSportsFan said:

What a fitting end to a tough 2 seasons for Coach White. He had the BEST team in the state last year in all classifications would have won state last year without question, loses 3 starters, comes back and wins a state championship when his team wasn’t even picked to win his own district. Don’t tell me coaching doesn’t matter!!  Congratulations to Coach White and the Tigerettes of Macon County!  

Coaching matters!

On 3/13/2021 at 5:51 PM, mas1821 said:

1.) Congrats Macon Co.  Well deserved, well coached, and well executed!

2.) I hate that your Sr's from last year missed out on their chance to get that gold ball, because I definitely feel y'all would have taken it easily.

3.) Best team in the state in all classificatons last yr isn't only a stretch, it's inaccurate.  Greenfield and Ensworth were both better (I saw all 3 multiple times).

I promise u , Macon would have wiped the floor with Greenfield last yr. Tired of the conversation ..

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:01 PM, MCFAN3 said:

MC overcame a ton of adversity. Picked 3rd in the district by some. Lost Keeley Carter and others after last years heart breaking end. And got it done with 5 players. Credit to Larry White. You can now say he will go down as one of the greats! PROUD TO BE A TIGER!

He is the greatest coach of all time in macon county there is not even a close second.

16 minutes ago, repoman said:

I promise u , Macon would have wiped the floor with Greenfield last yr. Tired of the conversation ..

Shoulders and Gregory might have been the best ball handling duo I have ever seen in a tournament up there. Best bet was hope they missed shots because they didn’t turn it over.

On 3/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Negative Greenfield was NOT better. Maybe Ensworth but NOT Greenfield. It wasn’t a foregone conclusion that Greenfield was going to beat Clarkrange. They would have been favored but at the end of last year Clarkrange was playing their best ball unlike this year. I’m not saying greenfield could not have beaten them but they were not clearly a better team the edge would have went to Macon County just because of the size and depth of the teams.

Last year’s Greenfield team would have beaten Clarkrange by 25.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Shoulders and Gregory might have been the best ball handling duo I have ever seen in a tournament up there. Best bet was hope they missed shots because they didn’t turn it over.

Keely Carter was better than both of them and Mix was good also. Last years Tigerettes beat this year’s team by 25. 

4 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Keely Carter was better than both of them and Mix was good also. Last years Tigerettes beat this year’s team by 25. 

Y’all was supposed to win it in 2019. Cheatham County beating you guys was a big time upset. Y’all play them 10 games y’all win 8 or 9, IMO. 

9 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Would have beaten Macon by an avg of 10 plus too.

Macon wins in a close one. It’s close and maybe they split but Macon was overall better. Last year’s team was one of the best I ever saw in over 30 years of watching high school basketball. Maybe 95 Clarkrange or early 2000’s Jackson county beats them but no one would have beaten them by double digits. The Westmoreland lose was without several key players and very very early in the season. They absolutely blitzed Them in the rematch with a healthy team. Greenfield was good but Macon just won a State Championship with 2 starters from last year and 2 back up plus Ward (who had to quit as a Sophomore because of injury) 

4 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Macon wins in a close one. It’s close and maybe they split but Macon was overall better. Last year’s team was one of the best I ever saw in over 30 years of watching high school basketball. Maybe 95 Clarkrange or early 2000’s Jackson county beats them but no one would have beaten them by double digits. The Westmoreland lose was without several key players and very very early in the season. They absolutely blitzed Them in the rematch with a healthy team. Greenfield was good but Macon just won a State Championship with 2 starters from last year and 2 back up plus Ward (who had to quit as a Sophomore because of injury) 

I saw macon at State and once more during the post season last year.  And I (not a greenfield or macon fan) am sorry, but in my educated opinion, greenfield wins by 10+ at home and neutral, Macon probably wins at home.  Chloe, Tess, the transfer, and lil darby would have been too much for y'all imo.