LARRY LEGEND MACON COUNTY

UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Your opinion counts for less than zero. So let’s put that out there right now as does mine for that matter.  This was a thread about a great coach who defied all odds and won a state championship. He beat two teams during the regular season (Upperman and Blackman) who 1000% would have beaten Geeenfields team and he beat them with 3 less starters. Greenfield had one of the best Class A teams I’ve seen no disrespect to them at all.  But he won a state championship that he and his team earned and you decide to hi-jack this thread and make it about something else. Thanks 

Ok bud.  1st off, I haven't been disrespectful in any of my posts.  You just brought disrespect into it because I (along with several other sportsminded people across TN) have a different opinion about your homer team. I congratulated your team and coach.  If you dont want to get your feelings hurt because someone doesn't agree with you, don't go making claims that "We had the best team in the state in all classifications".  Making statements like that opens up room for debate.  My opinion is based on first hand observations of all teams, along with several years coaching, developing, and observing talent.  Yours is mostly based on love and passion for a home area team that had the best team they ever had.  And that's ok, but this post was unfounded, and I'm sorry, but your position from multiple posts is just flat uneducated.  Beating Blackman and Upperman 1000% means nothing other than great game, great scheme, along with possibly several other contributing factors.

Example on how your posts are nonsensical.

Loretto lost an away game to Upperman by 13 this year after traveling over 4 hours 2 days in a row to play in a Lebanon tournament.  Loretto lost the first game in that tourney to Lebanon the previous day on their home court by 7.  Loretto lost 3 starters last year.  We battled back this year, played with a ton of heart, but this years team wasn't near as talented as last years team.  I say this because although i feel last year's Loretto team could have handed Greenfield their first loss, that would have been very unlikely for our team this year (who played well against Lebanon and Upperman Away enduring b2b travel days).  I'm also pretty sure Upperman blitzed you one game and beat you the other if we're being transparent.

I apologize if me congratulating your team, coach, and town, while stating my opinion in a public forum based on an uneducated claim you made resulted in "Highjacking your thread".  Next time I will be more conscious of your feelings when posting in a thread you're active in!  

3 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Ok bud.  1st off, I haven't been disrespectful in any of my posts.  You just brought disrespect into it because I (along with several other sportsminded people across TN) have a different opinion about your homer team. I congratulated your team and coach.  If you dont want to get your feelings hurt because someone doesn't agree with you, don't go making claims that "We had the best team in the state in all classifications".  Making statements like that opens up room for debate.  My opinion is based on first hand observations of all teams, along with several years coaching, developing, and observing talent.  Yours is mostly based on love and passion for a home area team that had the best team they ever had.  And that's ok, but this post was unfounded, and I'm sorry, but your position from multiple posts is just flat uneducated.  Beating Blackman and Upperman 1000% means nothing other than great game, great scheme, along with possibly several other contributing factors.

Example on how your posts are nonsensical.

Loretto lost an away game to Upperman by 13 this year after traveling over 4 hours 2 days in a row to play in a Lebanon tournament.  Loretto lost the first game in that tourney to Lebanon the previous day on their home court by 7.  Loretto lost 3 starters last year.  We battled back this year, played with a ton of heart, but this years team wasn't near as talented as last years team.  I say this because although i feel last year's Loretto team could have handed Greenfield their first loss, that would have been very unlikely for our team this year (who played well against Lebanon and Upperman Away enduring b2b travel days).  I'm also pretty sure Upperman blitzed you one game and beat you the other if we're being transparent.

I apologize if me congratulating your team, coach, and town, while stating my opinion in a public forum based on an uneducated claim you made resulted in "Highjacking your thread".  Next time I will be more conscious of your feelings when posting in a thread you're active in!  

Once again You show your lack of knowledge. I’ve coached middle school high school and AAU basketball at the local and national level since 1997.  So I know a little more than you’d like to believe and I’d say I’ve forgotten more than you know when it comes to basketball in the state of Tennessee. But please continue....

38 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Once again You show your lack of knowledge. I’ve coached middle school high school and AAU basketball at the local and national level since 1997.  So I know a little more than you’d like to believe and I’d say I’ve forgotten more than you know when it comes to basketball in the state of Tennessee. But please continue....

I'm uneducated because I called you out for your stance/attitude?  Well bud...   if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck..  And your reasoning and assertations without seeing plenty of live gameplay and/or gametape of those teams in question during those timeframes, let alone analyzing comparative statistical data... sounds like a bunch of homer quacking!  And your inability to have a civil debate without resorting to an attitude/position from behind the keyboard without being insulting isn't the most appealing character trait.  Especially from someone developing kids for 24 years.  

Edited by mas1821

If you want to get realistic about it both of your opinions are just opinions. Macon County and Greenfield were awesome teams but were not guaranteed to win the Gold Ball last year. Greenfield had to go through Clarkrange and Loretto or Gibson County, which all three were playing lights out. Macon would have had to go through Upperman or a Westview team that had Callins, Yancy and the 6’2 post. Neither was guaranteed to win the Gold Ball.

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If you want to get realistic about it both of your opinions are just opinions. Macon County and Greenfield were awesome teams but were not guaranteed to win the Gold Ball last year. Greenfield had to go through Clarkrange and Loretto or Gibson County, which all three were playing lights out. Macon would have had to go through Upperman or a Westview team that had Callins, Yancy and the 6’2 post. Neither was guaranteed to win the Gold Ball.

Agreed..  nothing's guaranteed..  We saw that this year with Upperman, among many others.

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

That’s exactly what i said earlier. I also stated this was a thread about a Coach and his accomplishments. I’m not from Macon County so once again his ignorance and assumptions shed a lot of light on his intentions to hi-jack this thread and make it about something else. I get his team finally won a Gold ball in Class A. We have dozens of those over here and several for the place I coached at. Exactly 8 times as many has his team does. I just don’t understand why people these days want to make it about themselves and their personal achievements when this guy isn’t even from this area. Maybe it’s “little man” syndrome or who knows...

Edited by UCSportsFan

38 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

That’s exactly what i said earlier. I also stated this was a thread about a Coach and his accomplishments. I’m not from Macon County so once again his ignorance and assumptions shed a lot of light on his intentions to hi-jack this thread and make it about something else. I get his team finally won a Gold ball in Class A. We have dozens of those over here and several for the place I coached at. Exactly 8 times as many has his team does. I just don’t understand why people these days want to make it about themselves and their personal achievements when this guy isn’t even from this area. Maybe it’s “little man” syndrome or who knows...

I actually have met both of y’all. I enjoyed watching games with both of y’all. I met Larry and talked to him about 20 minutes in the hotel Friday. Proud of him and Macon County and proud of Loretto too. I have Larry’s e-mail and am sending him an e-mail tomm. Love to see  one of the greats get his due. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Your school has 16 gold balls? Wow! Macon is local to you.  You are obviously invested in and care about them.

I would gladly watch a game with you at Clarkrange, Macon, Loretto, Summertown, your choice.  And.. I'll chuckle at the look on your face as we chat about my "little man syndrome".  Let's book it, bud.  Let me know.

Edited by mas1821

4 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Your school has 16 gold balls? Wow! Macon is local to you.  You are obviously invested in and care about them.

I would gladly watch a game with you at Clarkrange, Macon, Loretto, Summertown, your choice.  And.. I'll chuckle at the look on your face as we chat about my "little man syndrome".  Let's book it, bud.  Let me know.

Absolutely!  Anytime;)

On 3/13/2021 at 5:19 PM, mas1821 said:

Lol..  Ok bud.  Pretty sure y'all lost to a local team, Westmoreland maybe...? And Clarkrange played you close each game... the same Clarkrange team Greenfield blew out at the Murphy Center the previous year.  Greenfield added a transfer and was much better last year for it.  In my educated opinion, Greenfield would have taken 3 out of 4 games if y'all were on each other's schedule last year and met that many times.

But, this post is to celebrate a great coach.  So ill leave my opinions with this post.

Congrats Macon Co, congrats Coach, Congrats to the fans.  These are great times (other than all the b.s.goin on in the world of course, lol)

Westy would beat your team too bud.