Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

3 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

I agree with what you said for the most part.  One thing I think you should take into consideration is the fact Scotts Hill, Riverside, and Adamsville have been playing for four years in a district against Southside, Chester, Lexington, and McNairy.  All of those teams have seen several D1 & DII players on a nightly basis and some tremendous athletic and well-coached teams.  I think that district has made those teams a lot better than the experts think.  Don't be surprised if there isn't a team or two out of Region 7 & 8 that will be hard to put out of the tournament.  

I will give you the fact that District 13 will be maybe respectable out of the four Districts, but you are going to have to show me something this year that there will be 2 tough outs in the Boro from these four districts. I am not buying that just yet.

11 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

I agree with what you said for the most part.  One thing I think you should take into consideration is the fact Scotts Hill, Riverside, and Adamsville have been playing for four years in a district against Southside, Chester, Lexington, and McNairy.  All of those teams have seen several D1 & DII players on a nightly basis and some tremendous athletic and well-coached teams.  I think that district has made those teams a lot better than the experts think.  Don't be surprised if there isn't a team or two out of Region 7 & 8 that will be hard to put out of the tournament.  

Not to discount those programs, but I think their district wasn't quite as good as some people thought it was. South Side is a pretty good time, but they steamrolled the district this year, but still didn't win the region or make it to State. Chester Co. and McNairy (and Scotts Hill) have each had a stud player, but those players had to carry the load for their teams. 

Not saying Scotts Hill, Riverside or Adamsville, couldn't make a splash. Just don't think it will be for the reasons you've mentioned. I know Riverside has had some good teams in the not so distant past and had some talent coming up the pipe. You are right in saying their region should have an easier path then some others. And if you can make it to the Boro, anybody can have a chance.

Regions 5 & 6 are only going to send two teams to the state.  I will say this. Whoever makes it to the state from those Regions will be battle tested.  Between Gibson County, Westview, Loretto, Summertown, Huntingdon, Union City, and you can throw in Cheatham County and Giles County, that is some strong girl's programs.  The sad part like I said, only two can go.  Should be some great district, region, and substate games.  You better win the your Region and play substate at home for sure.  

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I will give you the fact that District 13 will be maybe respectable out of the four Districts, but you are going to have to show me something this year that there will be 2 tough outs in the Boro from these four districts. I am not buying that just yet.

I'm not saying that District 13 will have anyone to win/compete for a state championship.  Two teams will go to state from Region 7 & 8.  As you well know, the favorites don't always win.  The Glass House can cause great shooting teams to look average/below average, especially in the quarterfinal round.

Adamsville, Riverside, and Scotts Hill are happy to finally be in a district/region with the same enrollment numbers as themselves.

4 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

I'm not saying that District 13 will have anyone to win/compete for a state championship.  Two teams will go to state from Region 7 & 8.  As you well know, the favorites don't always win.  The Glass House can cause great shooting teams to look average/below average, especially in the quarterfinal round.

Adamsville, Riverside, and Scotts Hill are happy to finally be in a district/region with the same enrollment numbers as themselves.

Certainly never understood how they were in the district they were in or even the class they were in. Glad they are in a more reasonable classification now.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I didn’t see either one of them either. AA going to be tough. 

Not in that region though. 

District 5

Alvin C. York Institute, Bledsoe County, Jackson County, Monterey, Sequatchie County

District 6

Cannon County, Smith County, Watertown, Westmoreland

Maybe Cannon or Jackson turn it around and become the powerhouses they once were but most of these teams have very little winning tradition 

Edited by Khall555

8 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Not in that region though. 

District 5

Alvin C. York Institute, Bledsoe County, Jackson County, Monterey, Sequatchie County

District 6

Cannon County, Smith County, Watertown, Westmoreland

Maybe Cannon or Jackson turn it around and become the powerhouses they once were but most of these teams have very little winning tradition 

Give us an update on York and Westmoreland’s rosters if you would. I don’t have info on either as far as who is graduating. I know McMinn Central is young and I think Meigs is losing several.

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Give us an update on York and Westmoreland’s rosters if you would. I don’t have info on either as far as who is graduating. I know McMinn Central is young and I think Meigs is losing several.

Westmoreland loses 2 seniors I think and. York loses 3 (including Johnson) it should not hurt them much in district play though. 

36 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Meigs is losing all 5 starters. They have some young talent but very little experience. They will only have one senior. There best players is a junior and the rest are mostly sophomores they will have two good players joining the team that didn’t play this year. The middle school had a tough year and it will be a couple years before there ready to contribute. So it will be a rebuilding year.

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Westmoreland loses 2 seniors I think and. York loses 3 (including Johnson) it should not hurt them much in district play though. 

Next year York will have the Freshman  Beaty on the team.  She is a game changer.  One of the best freshmen in the state next year.   You can see her on TN Flight Reign this summer.  Kid is ridiculously good and will make them a great team next year as well.   True PG that can score.  

Westmoreland just needs to find some offense.  They can play with anyone on defense.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1