Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

It's very nice to see South Greene get some recognition on this board. They lose three starters and will have a core group of two seniors and two juniors who saw plenty of playing time. The one freshman, who was on the squad for the entire year, improved as the season went on, but saw little playing time in the tournament. She adds much needed height. I think the virus hurt the freshmen a lot, given that there wasn't much, if any, summer ball being played.

If SG is reclassified as class A, they should do pretty well. Enrollment at South Greene is around 450.

Greeneville returns all starters next year. They will make a big splash in their classification, which will most likely remain AA. Look for junior Lauren Bailey to star. Bailey and South Greene's Addison Williams are like the "Clash of the Titans" when they play each other. Two very good players who are fun to watch. Greeneville's coach, Annette Watts, is a motivator who knows the game.

If South Greene's youth get to play lots of ball this summer, they'll be a good team next year.

Grainger loses a few great players, but should remain competitive in Class AA. They will have some size once again next year, though it will be from different players..

North Greene should be in pretty good shape in Class A. Brook Anderson will be back. The job for them will be to replace their two starting guards.

25 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

It's very nice to see South Greene get some recognition on this board. They lose three starters and will have a core group of two seniors and two juniors who saw plenty of playing time. The one freshman, who was on the squad for the entire year, improved as the season went on, but saw little playing time in the tournament. She adds much needed height. I think the virus hurt the freshmen a lot, given that there wasn't much, if any, summer ball being played.

If SG is reclassified as class A, they should do pretty well. Enrollment at South Greene is around 450.

Greeneville returns all starters next year. They will make a big splash in their classification, which will most likely remain AA. Look for junior Lauren Bailey to star. Bailey and South Greene's Addison Williams are like the "Clash of the Titans" when they play each other. Two very good players who are fun to watch. Greeneville's coach, Annette Watts, is a motivator who knows the game.

If South Greene's youth get to play lots of ball this summer, they'll be a good team next year.

Grainger loses a few great players, but should remain competitive in Class AA. They will have some size once again next year, though it will be from different players..

North Greene should be in pretty good shape in Class A. Brook Anderson will be back. The job for them will be to replace their two starting guards.

Greeneville and Grainger - AAA

South Greene - AA

North Greene - A

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I think NG will easily make it back to State Tournament in A and have an excellent chance of winning it.  South Greene’s path got easier in the new AA to make it back to the State Tournament.  Their District will be HV, Johnson Co, WG and CD so they should win it easily.   Alcoa and Gatlinburg-Pittman could be obstacles for them in the Regional tournament- both of those teams will be very good next year.  In Greeneville’s nee AAA District - they still have Grainger to deal with.  Grainger loses 3 key starters but will still be good.  Cocke Co.  will also be in the same District and they pretty much return everyone so they will be strong.  Sullivan East & Elizabethton will be in Greeneville’s AAA Region. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Westmoreland loses 2 seniors I think and. York loses 3 (including Johnson) it should not hurt them much in district play though. 

I think both teams have some young talent coming in from jr high will be hard for York to replace a Johnson though. Westmoreland lost two good role players but return 3 solid players and some bench players with some young talent or a transfer or two should be tough

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baldeagle22 said:

Chuckey Doak has a pretty good shot at making it down here due to the coaching change there last year. They have a good young core, as well as a tremendous transfer who will only be a sophomore next year. As well as West Greene, who will be mostly upperclassman with an amazing group of seniors. 

CD 4-14 and W Greene 1-17 on the year. They better have more than one transfer and if WG has an amazing group of seniors how did they just win one game as juniors?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Anybody knows anything bout Summertown athletics know what a supporter Allen Chapman was - he passed suddenly this morning - he’ll be missed 

Sorry to hear that. Don’t know him. Prayers sent!! I really like Summertown’s program and have lots of respect for them. 

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

He was big contributor financially ( like all small town programs low on fund ) and vocally - it was a shock to the school and community - puts sports in prospective 

Hate that. We lost three of our big supporters and boosters before our season started this past season. I am in charge of that part of GC’s program and the one’s that support the programs financially are the one’s that are building the program because without them the spring play days, AAU and summer camps would be non-existent because of lack of funds.

On 3/19/2021 at 7:11 AM, Dadof2 said:

CD 4-14 and W Greene 1-17 on the year. They better have more than one transfer and if WG has an amazing group of seniors how did they just win one game as juniors?

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Don't sleep on HV girls y'all. We went 14-11 last year and only lose 1 starter. We are kinda thin but fairly talented. 

On 3/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, pioneer42 said:

Give us an update on York and Westmoreland’s rosters if you would. I don’t have info on either as far as who is graduating. I know McMinn Central is young and I think Meigs is losing several.

Actually, this is the year I predicted McMinn Central would have a shot at going back to the Boro.  They return all but one.  They will have 4 seniors that will see significant playing time.  3 of those have played on varsity since freshman year, and the other was moved to varsity towards of the end of her freshman season.  They return an all state freshman and another freshman that played significantly last year.  They lost by 10 to the eventual state champions Macon County, in a great sub state game.