Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

On 8/28/2021 at 12:22 AM, SuperFan14A said:

We plan on winning all of them.......whether it happens or not who knows, but that's our plan. Don't tell 'em. 

They will plan on winning all of them for sure. Westview is well coached and a great program. I would say it will be 50/50 and we will know more as the season opens up. Both of them will be a handful for sure. 

41 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t know what to expect from Summertown / hard to lose what they lost think be like HDon be better as year goes on - home court advantage be big 

Summertown will be competitive for sure. They are like Gibson County. Whoever they have on the floor you know they will play hard. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 11:54 AM, ballinup90 said:

TN Report Class AA Outlook: (Via Twitter)

State Champion Favorite

1. Loretto

Contenders:

2. Martin Westview

3. Gibson County

4. East Nashville 

5. York Institute 

6. McMinn Central

Sleepers:

7. Gatlinburg Pittman

8. Westmoreland

9. Summertown

10. Alcoa 

Best McMinn Central team I’ve seen in years. Same team minus one senior. 2 freshman that will play. This team had Macon on the ropes last year in sub state game. 

On 3/15/2021 at 1:56 PM, pioneer42 said:

I didn’t see either one of them either. AA going to be tough. 

This summer York lost their first game without several starters. They then won 17 in a row. They beat #1 Upperman in the region last year ending their season. They added freshman Reese Beaty who is being recruited by Alabama, Georgia and a lot of other big schools. They will be in the running.

3 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

This summer York lost their first game without several starters. They then won 17 in a row. They beat #1 Upperman in the region last year ending their season. They added freshman Reese Beaty who is being recruited by Alabama, Georgia and a lot of other big schools. They will be in the running.

Yeah we were both in Lebanon last weekend but I didn’t see them. I heard they can play. Probably 6 or 7 teams that can win it all in AA. 

22 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

A-lot of good teams played in Lebanon this weekend. York played really well and supposedly East Nashville knocked off Lebanon this weekend. Class AA is loaded with talented teams. 

York I hear is really good as is McMinn Central. Gatlinburg Pittman will not be a pushover either east of Nashville.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:07 PM, Khall555 said:

Not in that region though. 

District 5

Alvin C. York Institute, Bledsoe County, Jackson County, Monterey, Sequatchie County

District 6

Cannon County, Smith County, Watertown, Westmoreland

Maybe Cannon or Jackson turn it around and become the powerhouses they once were but most of these teams have very little winning tradition 

York played in the toughest district with Upperman and Macon Co. Last year they beat state #1 Upperman in the region and went to the substate. They nearly beat eventual state champion Macon Co. in the region final. York will run away with that district and region. Jackson Co??? They have been very very weak for several years and show no sign of improving.

9 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

York played in the toughest district with Upperman and Macon Co. Last year they beat state #1 Upperman in the region and went to the substate. They nearly beat eventual state champion Macon Co. in the region final. York will run away with that district and region. Jackson Co??? They have been very very weak for several years and show no sign of improving.

So you are agreeing with me when I said go ahead and pencil in York into the substate? I said that District and Region was bad and it would take Jackson Co becoming what it once was to make it competitive. I actually think Monterey finishes 2nd in that district to show you how bad it is.