Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

27 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Just seeing where McKenzie pulled the upset.  Best time of the year to lose a game if you're a GC fan imho.  Any updates on what transpired?

We were up 9 with 4 minutes left and didn’t get a stop the rest of the way out. Reynolds kid went off.  Savannah Davis we held in check. We had way too many TO’s and this is not like us. We valued the ball more against South Side than we have the last two games. Got to get the TO’s under control. We needed to lose a game honestly. Playing too cute and not valuing the basketball. But things like this happen when you are playing tough opponents. We will get better. Sounds like you guys had a good one.

11 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We were up 9 with 4 minutes left and didn’t get a stop the rest of the way out. Reynolds kid went off.  Savannah Davis we held in check. We had way too many TO’s and this is not like us. We valued the ball more against South Side than we have the last two games. Got to get the TO’s under control. We needed to lose a game honestly. Playing too cute and not valuing the basketball. But things like this happen when you are playing tough opponents. We will get better. Sounds like you guys had a good one.

I predicted that one 

14 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I have no doubt it will make y'all better!

Yeah.  Karly was flat out dominant.  They had a hard time getting the ball to burdette.  When they did, they usually found success with it.  Ally is becoming more and more of a force across the board.  Everyone's contributing.  

9 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

I predicted that one 

We actually played better this week than we did last week as far as an energy standpoint. Guards didn’t handle the pressure like we can. You up 9 in the 4th and can’t get a stop you just lose.

45 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Fantastic ballgame tonight.  Tournament atmosphere.   If memory serves we hit 14  threes. The two Dani Dyer #10 hit in the 4th were huge. She normally doesn’t shoot the three ball. 

Good to meet you tonight Pioneer.  Go luck the rest of the way. 

22 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

Tennessean just announced its Class AA AP polls - any thoughts on these rankings?

1. Loretto 
2. Gibson County 
3. Westview
4. Summertown
5. McMinn Central
6. Gatlinburg-Pittman
7. East Nashville
8. Westmoreland
9. York Institute
10. Huntingdon

Huntingdon is not a top ten team.  

6 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Fantastic ballgame tonight.  Tournament atmosphere.   If memory serves we hit 14  threes. The two Dani Dyer #10 hit in the 4th were huge. She normally doesn’t shoot the three ball. 

Good to meet you tonight Pioneer.  Go luck the rest of the way. 

Was a great game. McKenzie is a great team. Good to meet you too. Got to keep battling.

1 hour ago, Rebelman51 said:

Huntingdon is not a top ten team.  

I would have disagreed with you before tonight.  After beating a very good South Gibson team that had Gibson County on the ropes I would have said yes Fillies are top 10.  The loss to Union City tonight was a bad loss in maybe the worst performance I have seen this year from this young team.  That will happen when you start two freshman, two sophomores and a junior.  We expected some growing pains this season.  I do think the Fillies can play with Gibson county IF they don’t press.

12 hours ago, 1983 said:

I would have disagreed with you before tonight.  After beating a very good South Gibson team that had Gibson County on the ropes I would have said yes Fillies are top 10.  The loss to Union City tonight was a bad loss in maybe the worst performance I have seen this year from this young team.  That will happen when you start two freshman, two sophomores and a junior.  We expected some growing pains this season.  I do think the Fillies can play with Gibson county IF they don’t press.

Gibson County the last two games has uncharacteristically lost the Turnover battle or for sure has had way too many so I would bet they emphasize pressure defense and handling pressure defense going forward.

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County is playing Bartlett on January 27th. Bartlett is number 6 in 4 A and has already beaten Lebanon, who has beaten Page, number 1 team in 3 A.  So nother quality opponent to replace one of the Crockett County games. 

Where will this game be? Bartlett is loaded! 

18 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Where will this game be? Bartlett is loaded! 

At Gibson County is what I was told last night before the game. I think 6:00. Was also told we are playing MBA, I would assume that is Memphis Business on the 29th at 2:00. You guys ran into Bartlett somewhere?? 

Edited by pioneer42