Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

14 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yes I seen that. They definitely will have a say so. I am sure come tournament time there will be more 

This new 3A district 7 reminds me of the old 7AA where you have 3 really good teams.  Loser of the district championship game should make it to the substate game much more easily than 1/3 teams. Haven’t looked at the substate teams that would challenge them so not sure how that will work out. Having beaten both White County and Upperman this year you have to say LA is the favorite in my opinion to come out of the region at this point in the season. A lot of games yet to be played though. 

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it. GC looked really focused tonight. Huntingdon a good basketball team. Showed how good they can be by beating South Gibson and winning their Christmas Tournament a couple of weeks ago. They are young with a really bright future. 

Our girl Ansley got 27 last night against a decent Columbia Academy team 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

I never hear anything from other districts / regions on these threads - do they not look at Coach T or just don’t care since don’t have baring on who wins or looses 

We are here.  

McMinn Central vs. Polk Co. -  Central won first meeting and lead up to 30 points before subbing and sustaining 20 point win. 2nd meeting was a little tighter as MC had an off shooting night.  Central will be the favorite.

Gatlinburg Pittman vs. Alcoa

These two have split and I believe last outing GP routed Alcoa, however this will be a tight one, and I will give a slight edge to GP.  

McMinn Central has beaten Alcoa 2 times, but both good games.

Edited by logcabinman
Spelling

33 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

We are here.  

McMinn Central vs. Polk Co. -  Central won first meeting and lead up to 30 points before subbing and sustaining 20 point win. 2nd meeting was a little tighter as MC had an off shooting night.  Central will be the favorite.

Gatlinburg Pittman vs. Alcoa

These two have split and I believe last outing GP routed Alcoa, however this will be a tight one, and I will give a slight edge to GP.  

McMinn Central has beaten Alcoa 2 times, but both good games.

I saw Alcoa last night for the first time. Their two guards #23 and #5 are the best guard tandem I have seen this year, both in shooting and defense. #23 is a tremendous ball handler. Both are juniors. The Pfeiffer sisters for Alcoa are big, but the bigger girl got into foul trouble early and did not play as much as the smaller sister, who played well. They did not play like a #25 team last night against South Greene. [EDIT: My mistake. Alcoa ranked #25 is the boys team. Alcoa girls are ranked #11. That makes much more sense.]

Gatlinburg Pittman played South Greene and won both games this season but did not impress me in those games as much as Alcoa did last night against SG.

I've watched GP more this year but will take Alcoa to win on the road at GP. The winner of tomorrow night's game between the two should get a berth in the state.

Edited by Americal198

1 minute ago, Americal198 said:

I saw Alcoa last night for the first time. Their two guards #23 and #5 are the best guard tandem I have seen this year, both in shooting and defense. #23 is a tremendous ball handler. Both are juniors. The Pfeiffer sisters for Alcoa are big, but the bigger girl got into foul trouble early and did not play as much as the smaller sister, who played well. They did not play like a #25 team last night against South Greene.

Gatlinburg Pittman played South Greene and won both games this season but did not impress me in those games as much as Alcoa did last night against SG.

I've watched GP more this year but will take Alcoa to win on the road at GP. The winner of tomorrow night's game between the two should get a berth in the state.

Agreed.  If McMinn Central is fortunate to get the win over Polk, I do believe their chances significally go up to get that state opportunity.  Polk Co. has a pretty good squad and will defintly give all they have.  I cannot reply on GP so I cannot say.

7 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I saw Alcoa last night for the first time. Their two guards #23 and #5 are the best guard tandem I have seen this year, both in shooting and defense. #23 is a tremendous ball handler. Both are juniors. The Pfeiffer sisters for Alcoa are big, but the bigger girl got into foul trouble early and did not play as much as the smaller sister, who played well. They did not play like a #25 team last night against South Greene.

Alcoa I have heard is a good team. So the loser of GP/Alcoa will have to go to the McMinn Central or Polk County?? Seen where Polk went into two OT’s over Tellico. We played Gatlinburg Pittman this summer and they are good as well. They have a really solid and athletic post player. The two that come out of this bracket will be tough for sure. Central is always tough. 

Hard to go to Central and win a substate game in that round meat grinder they call a gymnasium!!  If you have never experienced it,then as a high school basketball purest I highly recommend the experience unless you’re a fan of the visiting team, then no it’s no fun. Haha

Edited by UCSportsFan