Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

24 minutes ago, gogold said:

Anytime you play Summertown, you have your hands full.  You take nothing for granted, because one off night and you can get beat.

At this point exceptional game by other team also a possibility - on side note PIONEER  our girl Ansley got her thousandth last night 

2 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

At this point exceptional game by other team also a possibility - on side note PIONEER  our girl Ansley got her thousandth last night 

That is amazing considering she wasn’t a starter last year. She is a great shooter. She is a junior right?? 

14 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Haskins has had bad luck with injuries to key players in these tournament runs… Jada will be on the floor tomorrow night, but she’s not going to be 100% obviously. Westview has to play this right to try and win but also limit Jada as much as possible.

Wilkins is going to have several different options on how to play this. Westview has not shot well against 2-3 zone in the Hickman or Huntingdon game and that was with Jada driving, penetrating, and kicking. I’m not so sure she will do much of that tomorrow. Gibson could also press and see how that plays out. What do we do offensively against the Westview zone?

Should be a good one!

I agree he has some options. Will definitely be interesting to see how they react to full court pressure. Zone is another option. Playing a denial faceguarding type man to man might be an option as well now especially if we can keep Jada in front of us. 

3 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

If Harrison is out, I'm calling it a toss-up still at home. I don't think GC will beat us easily if she doesn't play. We're the underdog if she doesn't, but we will still give it our best shot. We might get lucky. The freshman can run the point pretty good and we have a lot of roles players that will need to step up for sure and they can and have throughout the season. Last night was a testament of a "run" by Huntingdon and WV holding on late, but it's a W.  

I wouldn't be surprised if she sits tomorrow either. Someone said that she might of been in a boot today and didn't practice, but I haven't talked to around the program itself about it. The biggest game will be the next one on Saturday and we're getting to the next one, no matter what happens tomorrow night. 

I'm taking Loretto by 15 over Summertown and I'm not familiar with Westmoreland & York. 

I caught the 4th period of the WV/Huntingdon game, so i'm only basing my prediction off of that.  With gameplanning & proper preparation, you may be right.  But, if y'all play like you did in that 4th period without Jada, GC should definitely win.  May be best to rest her.  If you win, great..  If not, she still gets 3 extra rest days before substate.

7 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Mt Pleasant rims are the devil, lol.

You know when the grind of a season is almost over and state is here we always see games like Summertown Clarkrange last year. I know we have all struggled some. Makes you think defense could really decide a lot of these games going forward. 

20 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You know when the grind of a season is almost over and state is here we always see games like Summertown Clarkrange last year. I know we have all struggled some. Makes you think defense could really decide a lot of these games going forward. 

most definitely.