Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

2 hours ago, gogold said:

Loretto looking good,  Karly has gone to another level.  The team around her is humming and Coach Rutledge must be feeling good at this point in the season.  

Yep. JB shot the lights out last night too!  I don't remember a game in the past 4 years where Karly only had 9 points and we won by almost 50.  That tells you a lot about the help she has this year.

8 hours ago, gogold said:

Loretto looking good,  Karly has gone to another level.  The team around her is humming and Coach Rutledge must be feeling good at this point in the season.  

5 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Yep. JB shot the lights out last night too!  I don't remember a game in the past 4 years where Karly only had 9 points and we won by almost 50.  That tells you a lot about the help she has this year.

Going to be some wars come February. Summertown looking good too. Going by way too fast. I’m enjoying. Shame we all play on same night.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to be some wars come February. Summertown looking good too. Going by way too fast. I’m enjoying. Shame we all play on same night.

Agreed!

Do y'all have a local station that streams any Gibson County games?  I'd love to check it out if so.  Almost all of Loretto & Summertown's home games are streamed as well as some of the away games.  

5 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Agreed!

Do y'all have a local station that streams any Gibson County games?  I'd love to check it out if so.  Almost all of Loretto & Summertown's home games are streamed as well as some of the away games.  

Yes we are on Facebook Live on the GC Lady Pioneer Page. Where are y’all at??

14 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

thanks!

Also on facebook at X Sports Network.  Some are on YT, so if there's one you wanna see that's not on there, I could find it for you.

I used that last year I think to watch Summertown and Loretto. Have you watched Summertown yet?? They are playing well too. Noticed they beat Wayne County twice. Wayne County is a team I think will be tough and a chance to win it all in Single A. They played in our preseason play day and was very scrappy. 

I was curious how Summertown was doing this year also.  I can lol the record up but wanted some insight from someone who has seen them play.  As mentioned the Lady Eagles have beaten Wayne County twice so I was curious about the Lady Cats also.  Any Summertown fans have any insight on the Lady Cats as I don’t anyone from Wayne County that posts on here?

51 minutes ago, thetruth1 said:

I was curious how Summertown was doing this year also.  I can lol the record up but wanted some insight from someone who has seen them play.  As mentioned the Lady Eagles have beaten Wayne County twice so I was curious about the Lady Cats also.  Any Summertown fans have any insight on the Lady Cats as I don’t anyone from Wayne County that posts on here?

Summertown isn't the same team as the past 2 years, but they're still capable of playing with anyone.  Still press, still quick, still have great post play, and still have good perimeter shooting.  The recording of Summertown vs Wayne County is on X Sports...

I haven't seen them live yet, but have watched 3 recordings of them.  I honestly don't see Wayne Co beating McKenzie on any night, but anything can happen.  Summertown is the type of team that can beat anyone in AA at their best, but I don't see them playing with Loretto like they have the past few years.  But could Summertown pull an upset against Loretto, it's definitely possible.  Could they host or travel and beat a Gibson Co or a Westview at Substate to make state..  Definitely possible.. but if they do that, I don't see them putting that many games together to make it back to the championship game.  They have a LOT of youth.  Now, in 1-2 more years, they could easily be back to elite if they continue developing talent the way they have in the past!

But, who knows, they may go off the rails and surprise me.  At this point in the season, the gap between Loretto and Summertown is as large as it has been in recent memory (but we know that means nothing come tourney time when heart, lack of injuries, & coaching plays a major role in deciding games).

Edited by mas1821

9 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Summertown isn't the same team as the past 2 years, but they're still capable of playing with anyone.  Still press, still quick, still have great post play, and still have good perimeter shooting.  The recording of Summertown vs Wayne County is on X Sports...

I haven't seen them live yet, but have watched 3 recordings of them.  I honestly don't see Wayne Co beating McKenzie on any night, but anything can happen.  Summertown is the type of team that can beat anyone in AA at their best, but I don't see them playing with Loretto like they have the past few years.  But could Summertown pull an upset against Loretto, it's definitely possible.  Could they host or travel and beat a Gibson Co or a Westview at Substate to make state..  Definitely possible.. but if they do that, I don't see them putting that many games together to make it back to the championship game.  They have a LOT of youth.  Now, in 1-2 more years, they could easily be back to elite if they continue developing talent the way they have in the past!

But, who knows, they may go off the rails and surprise me.  At this point in the season, the gap between Loretto and Summertown is as large as it has been in recent memory (but we know that means nothing come tourney time when heart & coaching plays a major role in deciding games).

I was very impressed with the Freshman PG Campbell last year at the state especially against you guys when she played. She just didn’t come in and give a breather she came in a couple of possessions and took it in the paint and scored and was very aggressive. They got a pure shooter in Burlson and they got the dominant post in Burdette. Three pretty good players there if they are healthy and stay out of foul trouble. Now I will agree that they may not be as deep as Loretto but they are definitely a pretty good basketball team. I know Loretto is like Gibson County and will get everyone’s best shot and are circled on many teams schedule.  

lil brazier is also good for Summertown.  Their freshmen got a lot of playing time tonight vs Hickman Co, and they have a bunch of young talent.

With Loretto beating Lawrence Co (a team that would possibly be top 5 in AA, definitely top 10) by 33 points, we definitely have a bulls eye on our back for our intra county and neighboring county rivals.

I wish Gibson Co, Westview, Summertown, & Loretto all played in the same Christmas Tourney!  lol