Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

8 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Gibson County with one of their better performances of the year without Micah Hart tonight.  Beating a good undefeated 3A South Gibson team by 13 pts without your best playmaker is not easy.    Madison Hart showed why she was a miss basketball finalist and everyone else stepped up.   

Good Win! 

1 hour ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Gibson County with one of their better performances of the year without Micah Hart tonight.  Beating a good undefeated 3A South Gibson team by 13 pts without your best playmaker is not easy.    Madison Hart showed why she was a miss basketball finalist and everyone else stepped up.   

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

Good Win! 

Madison was a beast tonight and put them on her shoulders. Gibson County two or three times threatened to take the game over but South Gibson came back and took the lead three different times. Really good game. Libby Goad really stepped up and played solid at point. Evan Cantrelle and Ayden Carrol were very physical on defense and really made life difficult on South Gibson’s two shooters. Maya Tuner for Gibson County came off the bench with a double double. Really solid performance. South Gibson played hard as well. Think both teams can build on this game.

1 hour ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Any college that would want to see her in action just needs to watch this film. 

After a sluggish first quarter, Summertown is up 33-23 over Columbia Academy at the half.  Campbell is a stud! Her improvement from early in the season is a great sign for Summertown.  She is very much like the Monday's from last year's Clarkrange team.  Lightning quick, agressive, strong for her size, and a very high IQ player!

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

After a sluggish first quarter, Summertown is up 33-23 over Columbia Academy at the half.  Campbell is a stud! Her improvement from early in the season is a great sign for Summertown.  She is very much like the Monday's from last year's Clarkrange team.  Lightning quick, agressive, strong for her size, and a very high IQ player!

Campbell is a beast PG. She came in state last year and was running around players like they were sitting still as a Freshman. Burdette is a beast post and Burlson can shoot you out of the gym. They are a legitimate state title threat. I think you guys are better on paper, but they are not going to be easy at all.

20 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto with another good road win against a good 3A team in Tullahoma.

57-40.

Nice win for y’all. Seen where y’all play Oakland tomm. Oakland is a pretty good team. They have a good post and some quick guard play. I wished I was there to see that one. That one live streamed?? 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Nice win for y’all. Seen where y’all play Oakland tomm. Oakland is a pretty good team. They have a good post and some quick guard play. I wished I was there to see that one. That one live streamed?? 

Thanks!

I'm not sure.  The game tonight was at Tullahoma and it wasn't streamed. The Oakland game is also at Tullahoma, so probably not... But if it is, I'll post the link here.

We're going to have a stretch of tough competition from tonight through January..  Tullahoma tonight, Oakland tomorrow, Lakeway Christian to open the Gatlinburg Winter Classic, then some more solid teams in that tourney (Jackson SS included). We get to rumble with Wayne County a few days into the new year, then Summertown a week or so later.  It's starting to get exciting.  These games, win or lose, are what helps come tourney time.

Edited by mas1821

12 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Thanks!

I'm not sure.  The game tonight was at Tullahoma and it wasn't streamed. The Oakland game is also at Tullahoma, so probably not... But if it is, I'll post the link here.

We're going to have a stretch of tough competition from tonight through January..  Tullahoma tonight, Oakland tomorrow, Lakeway Christian to open the Gatlinburg Winter Classic, then some more solid teams in that tourney (Jackson SS included). We get to rumble with Wayne County a few days into the new year, then Summertown a week or so later.  It's starting to get exciting.  These games, win or lose, are what helps come tourney time.

Sounds like a good run of teams. South Side is super quick and it will be a good game for your team win or lose. We learn something every time we play them. We like to think we get after it, but they get after it. 

Edited by pioneer42